[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally hit my $5,000+ net worth milestone. Considering that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1469507071601.jpg (82KB, 736x883px) Image search: [Google]
1469507071601.jpg
82KB, 736x883px
Finally hit my $5,000+ net worth milestone. Considering that I did it for the first time now, and I'm 20, should I be sad about this rather than happy?
>>
>>1434120
That's pretty sad, m8. I hit that at 16 from some summer jobs
>>
keep at it OP, maybe you can double it in the next 20 years.
>>
>>1434120
Why should you be sad?

Consider most people are 40+ and fucking retarded, with no savings, living paycheck to paycheck no matter how much $ they make a year.
>>
>>1434135
Not middle class people. Most middle class people at 40 have 250k in their 401(k) and 100k in equity in their homes, with a few month income as savings.

when you hear "50% of Americans cant cover a $1000 emergency" they are taking into account all 18+ individuals, including students and welfare recipients. Not middle class Americans living in the suburbs.
>>
>>1434292
Something like a third of all middle class people (40-100k) still live paycheck to paycheck in terms of cash on hand.
>>
>NET worth
so no new car or student loans then obviously
maybe try college someday poorfag
>>
>>1434120
Same, but I'm 21. You'll be fine OP. We're ahead of 90% of Americans.

The real challenge is consistency and to step up your savings once you're done with college.
>>
>>1434120
At that age I had already loaned my parents money to pay down their home loan to save them interest payments.

You're doing better than someone with debt, but not as good as someone who even just saved $50 per week since they were 16.
>>
>>1434303
I'm not counting the real estate equity. If I would count that then my net worth would be about $155,000.
I'm talking about very liquid assets (ie: cash) only.
>>
>>1434135
True. 20 years old is young. Im saying to be satisfied with a measly 5k pocket change bullshit, but no need to be negative about that. It's better to have a chip on your shoulder, and keep going.
>>
>>1434457
I meant "I'm not saying to satisfied"
>>
>>1434292
Misleading post. Most people aren't in the middle class. The average income in the USA is less than $50 000, many regions leaning closer to $30 000, while the poverty line should be drawn at $20 000. That's not as much wiggle room as it looks to be.

Debt is very high at the moment, often in the region of $40k or $50k for student loans, $10k or $30k in cars, plus loans for things the person can't afford. People take out loans for TVs for christsake. And when it comes to expendible income, the average moron will spend it on video games, cheap booze, and shitty clothes instead of investing through their bank or buying quality stuff they actually need.
>>
>>1434452

That's called liquid net worth
>>
>>1434307
lol have fun with the college debt americuck
>>
>>1434120
>19
>About €40k net worth including bank account and property share
>0 debt. Uni is free in Germany

It feels good to be better than you americunt

>inb4 good luck with the rapefugees
>>
>>1434120
That's not much but the good news is your only 20 so don't sweat it ,keep saving and it will add up
>>
I'm 32 years old and also only have $5000 net worth, cheer up because at least you still have your youth
>>
File: I just came here to nice at you.png (125KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
I just came here to nice at you.png
125KB, 720x764px
>>1436592
Im happy for you anon. Wish I was German. Have a nice time at Uni.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.