[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here trade options? Would love some tips especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: thinking.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Does anyone here trade options? Would love some tips especially in the selling covered options
>>
>>1433069
OK. Sell your options when more than $500 each and strike is 3 months away.

Strike should be square root of current price added to current price.

That way you get time decay leveraged into what the educated buyer is plotting his call option purchase.

You're welcome.
>>
>>1433069
Li Sheng did, but it was exposed he was a mexican, so he quit visiting the board.
>>
>>1433263
What do you mean by selling your options more than $500? What if I bought 2 contracts only that are worth $200?
>>
I'm only paper trading but I'm definitely starting to get pretty sophisticated with option strategies. In regards to your question, selling calls against stock you own is a great simple strategy. You effectively reduce the cost basis of the stock you own and can pick up gains in the stock price as well.

Win Win.

I'm really starting to feel that if I couldn't paper trade without using options you're trading with one arm tied behind your back. They have like the perfect name "options." That's exactly what they give you, tons and tons of options.
>>
>>1433439
what paper trading platform do you use for trading options?
>>
>>1433470
"think or swim" has a 60 day trial
>>
>>1433470

I'm currently using Interactive Brokers. I used Thinkorswim prior to that but the demo ran out of time. I also can't use it for real over here anyway so it's worth me getting more used to this platform anyway even though I don't like it as much.
>>
File: HAT UP.png (3MB, 2560x1513px) Image search: [Google]
HAT UP.png
3MB, 2560x1513px
>>1433330
I was just working on finals. I'm pretty sure I'm not mexican unless my dna tests are lying or I have a mexican ancestor in that .01 probability range.

>>1433069
So what do you need OP.
Best thing is to not trade covered options. The probabilities and fees are murdered. I say this as a person with level 2 margin permissions who can't trade naked except in very cheap stocks.

Twice being covered saved me some damage. but about 80 times, would have profited if not for fees and cost of coveraging. I could have covered the damage with the higher probability trades.

>>1433263
90 day options, really? I've been taught that around 45 days is the gold standard inflection point for theta decay.

and your pricing would be perfect if implied volatility is around 500%, in which case I don't think it even matters what kind of option you sell. considering current implied vol on the spy for the 90 day time period is between 14% and 15%
>>
File: 436487467.jpg (26KB, 482x272px) Image search: [Google]
436487467.jpg
26KB, 482x272px
>>1433069
Unless you can predict the exact direction of the stock, forex or index you are trading, options are nothing more than a tip fedora way of gambling with a touch of mathematics to make it seem more cultured.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.