[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that the "skills gap" is real and tradesmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Tradesman.png (220KB, 419x278px) Image search: [Google]
Tradesman.png
220KB, 419x278px
Is it true that the "skills gap" is real and tradesmen are making good money?
>>
Yes it is.
>>
>>1432952
Yes. Most Americans can't do anything other than like things on IG, retweet and pin things on Pintrest.

I employ automotive repairmen who make $70-90k/yr doing something not particularly complicated.
>>
>>1432952
Yep. Were living in economic collapse. We need people who can build society. Not crunch numbers.
>>
>>1432952
>Have a 3.7 Cumulative GPA in aircraft mechanics and an associates degree in it as well.
>Apply to jobs around area: "Looking for somone with experience"
>"Can I take your internship?"
>"You're overqualified."
>Apply to car mechanics shops: "You have no experience, and we're looking for somone with experience with cars."
>Months later I hear that the aircraft mechanics job is bleeding mechanics left and right and that they cant hire enough people.
>Im moving in 2 months.

TL:DR im retarded and fucked.
>>
>>1432962
>Yep. Were living in economic collapse

We... we... we're living in economic collapse?

Where? The markets are at all time highs, unemployment at one of the lowest points in many years, volatility keeps breaking record lows. Where exactly is the collapse
>>
>>1433020
>Months later I hear that the aircraft mechanics job is bleeding mechanics left and right and that they cant hire enough people.

Excuse me, what does this mean?
I apologize if i look dumb asking this, i'm asking because english isn't my first language and i really didn't get it.
>>
File: 1468723127015.gif (2MB, 187x155px) Image search: [Google]
1468723127015.gif
2MB, 187x155px
>>1433025
>unemployment at one of the lowest points in many years
nice joke
>>
>>1433038
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

US unemployment rate came in at 4.9 percent in July 2016 unchanged from the June rate and above market expectations of 4.8 percent.

Unemployment Rate in the United States averaged 5.82 percent from 1948 until 2016, reaching an all time high of 10.80 percent in November of 1982 and a record low of 2.50 percent in May of 1953. Unemployment Rate in the United States is reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
>>
>>1433033
"Bleeding" is synonymous with "losing" in this sense
>>
>>1433040
that's not true unemployment, that doesn't count people who have been laid off so long and people who gave up looking for work and also people who are only working part time instead of the usual full time.
>>
>>1433040
>Unemployment rate
Ever take a look at what that entails? I'll give you a hint: it only includes people currently looking for work.
>>
>>1433051
>it only includes people currently looking for work.

So are you somehow implying that the amount of people looking for work is currently considerably lower than it was other years? That's a pretty bold and unfounded statement I think
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.