[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

investing in bitcoin/gold/"safe assets" and the coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot 2016-08-08 16.47.12.png (154KB, 1758x924px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-08-08 16.47.12.png
154KB, 1758x924px
I want to accumulate a lot of "safe haven" assets by november of this year (prior to US presidential elections and the election of President Trump specifically). I am buying weekly on auto but I also want to buy a large chunk at once as I don't currently have enough to profit off the coming economic apocalypse.
I'm not really happy with bitcoins' current price (too high compared to historical avg). I would much rather it be <=400 before I buy a lot. I'm not happy with gold either, though (look at the 35 year chart! wtf?!). I am fine with Ethereum's current price so I can pick up a bunch, but that's too young of an asset for me to feel secure with a _lot_ desu.
I think eventually the stock market will crash and investors will flood into gold/btc/etc. I am aware that I am talking out of my ass but I think worst expected outcome this is an alpha-less gamble where my fees pay for my entertainment.

for the record im trying to buy like ~40,000 USD.

advice? what are u guiz doing
>>
if the market blows up the price of gold will go down too

best just to have cash available ready to buy stuff
>>
>>1432719
thats actually pretty reasonable growth for companies. considering population growth and technology.
plus interest rates are at an all time low... so ,those actually might be recession numbers.
>>
Hey you might need to buy sooner than November. Also buy silver, it will go parabolic.
>>
trump is not going to be elected
>>
>>1432719

internet coins will be worthless in an economic collapse. They have no inherent value and its hard to buy goods with them. Its a bubble and basically a speculative currency at this point.

Look at the charts for 2008. Gold dropped massively against all fucking logic.
>>
Buy silver
>>
>>1432818
>>1432755

why silver? help me understand pls?
>>
>>1432934
its cheeper than gold.
>>
>>1432719

If you really think the stock market is going to crash because of Trump, why not buy some put options or even short the SP500?

You'd make more money that way.
>>
>>1432947

dont want to be tied in to a statement with a definite end timeframe ie "i think the market will drop within next 5 months"

i'd rather buy something i can hold for the next x months or years until the next downturn
>>
>>1432934
discount gold
>>
>>1432953
how can i buy gold or silver without actually holding them? there are ETFs/stocks that track gold/silver pretty much 1:1, right?
>>
>>1432977
yup.

http://www.macrotrends.net/

just hold the etf up 2 its respective chart and make sure it tracks.

sure is a good time to buy and hold oil for a few years..............hint , hint.
>>
>>1432814

In a worldwide economic collapse we're all fucked. These coins are international. If the US was to tank today, they would still maintain their value in other countries.

Aside from maybe Ethereum because of the way it functions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.