[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice /biz/ Just started a new job and it has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: big boss.jpg (785KB, 4092x4092px) Image search: [Google]
big boss.jpg
785KB, 4092x4092px
I need some advice /biz/

Just started a new job and it has been rough. My bosses are sharp and pretty demanding. The problem is I keep fucking up on easy stuff and I can't seem to get a footing. Part of it is due to long hours and constant distractions from meetings, questions, emails, etc. It doesn't help that there is a disconnect between upper management and middle management. I want to succeed but I'm having a hard time keeping up. Am I not cut out for the job? Or is this part of the process?

This isn't my first job but it has been the biggest grind.
>>
>>1432636

I've been at this job for about 2 months btw
>>
>>1432636

just try your best. if your bosses havent said anything you should be alright.
>>
>>1432659
they have, that's the problem
>>
OP, get tons of sleep and drink tons of coffee. New jobs are especially difficult due to the new flow but sleep and coffee will get you through this.
>>
>>1432679

then i guess you are fucked, better start looking for somthing else
>>
>>1432684
Only 1 boss. The other said I was doing a good job. What the fuck?
>>
>>1432691
"Hazing" aka keeping you too stressed to work at your peak so he prevents you from takeing over his position because he knows he's dispensable.
>>
>>1432700

Nah, I'm not that good. These guys are pretty smart but I don't think they're assholes.
>>
>>1432636

Sounds like it isn't for you, and the bosses are grinding you up, and they could care less if you make it.

Been there myself.

Give it 6 months. You still hate it, shop the resume out there.
>>
>>1432809

What was your experience? Just curious.
>>
What kind of fucking job?? Bunch of smart guys and double layers of management direction. Sounds like some kind of sales/marketing job.

Remember, with that much observation/commenting they are testing you re short term results.

Are you selling cars?
>>
Everyone has been there I think. The stress is a self-fulfilling prophecy. You fuck up, so you get stressed out and question yourself, so you fuck up more.

Chances are your bosses are testing you. If they are smart they know what you're going through as they've seen it before. If your job requires stress resistance then it's likely you should genuinely wonder if you're up for it.

Either way the only thing you can do is cope and hope for the best or find a way to break the cycle. If you know you should be able to do those simple tasks you logically also know you CAN do them. You are simply stopping yourself, it's all in your head. Do them right and all will be good, it's that simple. The rest is pointless bullshit in your brain you can simply ignore.
>>
>>1432636
keep pushing yourself. Drink gallons of coffee and sleep as much as possible. Make sure you find a nice activity to keep you grounded so you don't burn out. Don't worry, you'll get there.
>>
you need to give every detail all of your attention, force yourself to focus and try and learn as fast as possible. This healthy stress will improve your performance. I learned a complex job that usually takes a week to learn in 1 day by doing this. Run everything through your head 100 times over.
>>
The world needs ditch diggers too....
>>
File: 1463191162930.jpg (19KB, 259x253px) Image search: [Google]
1463191162930.jpg
19KB, 259x253px
>>1432636
You'll keep your job
Your career will just be "slow track"
They know you aren't quite all there. You'll keep eating shit while they groom you and wear down your confidence to the submissiveness level they want to see from you. Enjoy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.