[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I graduated last year with a degree I really hated. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (7KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 212x238px
I graduated last year with a degree I really hated. I've spent the past 14.5 months mostly wasting massive amounts of time on the internet, living with my parents, working menial part time jobs (less than 20 hours a week), and procrastinating instead of learning programming like I told myself I would. I don't even read books anymore. Also I have an existential crisis that I realise will never go away.

Has anyone been in a situation like this, constantly telling yourself that you'll work hard tomorrow? I feel like I have potential. I feel guilty when not working and I fear working only a medium amount and being guilty about not working more. When I get a full time job I know I will have no time to do anything substantial.
>>
What's ur existential crisis?
>>
>>1432535

Extreme skepticism. I clearly see how all wisdom and insights are bullshit. To make it biz related, I consider most organisational and productivity techniques to be bs
>>
>>1432526
I was there m8. I dropped out of university twice. Took me 7 years to graduate all up. Worked in a fucking grocery store mainly doing night shift and thought that'd do for my life. Battled depression, restlessness, low confidence, uncertainty and all that shit.

But it's ok anon, I made it. Eventually.
>>
>>1432526

Are you literally me?
>>
>>1432526

Yes.

1st two years out of college I did the same. Then got to work. Then realized I hated the working world and the only way out was to start my own business. Which I did.
>>
File: McBigGuyVonDu.jpg (22KB, 590x375px) Image search: [Google]
McBigGuyVonDu.jpg
22KB, 590x375px
>>1432526
This is normal. That doesn't make it okay, but it is normal. Only solution is to find something you're passionate about and do it.

Build a model ship. Write a book. Act in a play. Write a computer program to make your life simpler: a little project which is only SLIGHTLY challenging but will be a labour of love.

Or lift.

Do it.

... NOW ANON!!!
>>
>>1432807
this.

just fucking lift bro. give it 3-4 weeks if you don't like it at first, you will grow to love it.
>>
whatever you do don't learn how to do music, it's actually worse than the thing you're going through now
>>
>>1432773
what is "made it"?
>>
>>1432526
This is me, only that I am to intelligent to ever get myself out of the hole. My sheer intelligence renders me incapable of finding the motivation to do anything. Everything is so meaningless, boring, and mundane. The caveman starts a fire and begins to jump around from the excitement, completely mystified by their creation and its underlying mechanisms. I create a fire and sit there in apathy, understanding that the fire I created is not mysterious at all. I feel like I understand exactly how the fire works. It's nothing exciting. There is nothing hidden or mysterious in the world. Everything is boring and of no meaning. Everything is objective, and if given the time, anybody could become omniscient. There is no reason to build a model ship. The model ship is meaningless. It's just a pile of wood that will one day find its way to a trash yard. There's no point in writing a book. It's just a bunch of words. It's just one of a million other books out there. There's no feeling of accomplishment after making a simple computer program that millions of 15 year old kids can make in a much shorter time. I used to lift. I reached a 200kg deadlift, but then stopped after realizing that my strength is of no meaning, that my goals are unattainable, that my strength has no real use in the real world, and that even if I were to ever actually attain my goals, I wouldn't feel much joy from them. I understand that the universe is completely deterministic and that anything I do or achieve is the result of long chains of cause and effect that have existed prior to me being born. How can I feel accomplishment if I never actually truly ever achieve anything? My actions are the deterministic result of prior events happening exactly as they did, not my 'free will'. Whatever I do, it's just one big meaningless bore unless I am high on drugs. Sigh. I am just too intelligent for this world. I wish I had a lower IQ, somewhere around Elon Musk's.would be good.
>>
>>1432526
Remove distractions from your life. Turn off your computer, TV, and phone and stare at a ceiling until you force yourself to go look up programming videos. The second you stray from the path, Remove distractions so you're bored again. Repeat forever.

It takes time, but pretty soon you'll be spending hours a day learning programming just so you can be doing something.
>>
>>1432526
Just get any decent job paying 50K+, with opportunities to advance pay.

Work 40 hours a week max, save 50% of your after tax, putting it in long term investments. Lift 4x a week, Mon-Thursday, socialize Friday-Sunday. You'll be healthier, have a higher quality of life, and get laid more in your 20s than your peers.

All for a paycut in your 20s and early 30s which will be made up as your friends plateau in their 30s and you have more saved, have more time, and are healthier than your engineering wageslave friends who are balding, work 50-60 hours a week, and are married to ugly gooks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.