[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started a temp to hire job through a staffing agency back in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: elliot-rodger-photos-9.jpg (163KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
elliot-rodger-photos-9.jpg
163KB, 600x399px
I started a temp to hire job through a staffing agency back in May. They fired 6 of the 8 people I started with during/right after training. They kept me and one other guy. After 2.5 months, they extended our contracts for August/September. They kept giving me more duties and such, so I thought I was safe especially since I had perfect attendance and was always on top of my work. Just last week the managers decided to in their words...let me go in order to make room for a permanent employee.

I feel a bit salty since that "permanent position" was what I was trying to get. The best part is the person they offered it to ended up declining it.

Why is it so hard to get "perm" jobs anyway?

Anyway, since I am back on the job search, how can I explain this in an interview if asked?
>>
>>1432471
You weren't good enough

>maybe they should be taught a lesson...
>>
File: 1464574635412.jpg (28KB, 441x555px) Image search: [Google]
1464574635412.jpg
28KB, 441x555px
>>1432510

Maybe I should show them how supreme I really am.
>>
>>1432675
OP there are dozens of reasons on why this may have happened that have nothing to do with you.

Swallow you pride and move on and feel good that you got a good reference. This can help you get a permanent job.

It would help to know your age, education/training level, location, and your financial situation
>>
pic related?
>>
File: 1464110618262.gif (565KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1464110618262.gif
565KB, 500x624px
>>1432696
22 y/o, currently in school, Arizona, and will probably be unable to pay next month's rent if I don't find something soon. Finished updating my resume today/looking around now.

The only reference I got from there was my co-worker/friend I made there. I don't think the managers even knew my name considering they always called me by other people's names. (They segregate temps from perms and looked at us as if we shouldn't even be breathing the same air as them). It was literally just me and my friend in the a room all day unsupervised...kind of hard to establish yourself in that kind of environment.
>>
>>1432471
Stop wearing crotchless lederhosen to work and maybe they'll hire you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.