[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much did you guys think 4chan was sold for? Some people were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: mootcuck.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mootcuck.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
How much did you guys think 4chan was sold for? Some people were saying it was for hardly anything and Moot was desperate for the money.

Honestly, I would've paid a quarter of a million dollars for it, which it was rumored to sell for. It's an internet gem that keeps on giving to humanity. Luckily based hirohito has kept the place running swell.
>>
>>1431623
>I would've paid a quarter of a million dollars
i bet he makes that much on 4chan passes alone

i say at least 20x that.
>>
It's a front he sold it to the fbi for ~20 million
>>
>>1431628
There were lawsuits and rumors floating around where the site was worth next to nothing. Doubt the 4chan passes generate that much. The upkeep for this site is massive. It makes no money and that's why it was so hard for moot to sell.

Look where Moot lives now. He fucking lives in some condo. He's not exactly living the high life anymore. The site sold for peanuts.
>>
Someone hacked into 4chan that one time and changed a bunch of stuff, and posted as admins. Then he leaked the financials of the passes.

anyone have that screen cap?
>>
didnt his "gf" convince him to dump the site?
>>
>>1431623

I'd say right around a million.

I think (to date) 4chan had earned like $250,000 in passes. Problem is this site requires servers and people working on it for it to function. I bet this site has $50k - $100k a year in expenses.

The ad revenue isn't much because no one reputable wants to advertise here. 4chan has value, but it's hampered by the wild west atmosphere. 4chan is probably the most popular site on the web to hardly make money. Pretty sure Reddit makes like 50x more. But Reddit is for normie fuckin faggots.
>>
>>1432007
Million dollars isn't a lot. It could take maybe 5 middle class anons to actually raise that much and buy the site. Moot was probably picky though with who would own it.
>>
>>1432007
You're right. I think that I know an easy way to monetize this site. Too bad the japs that own it can't figure it out.
>>
I don't know what I would do without 4chin ,there's nowhere else on the web I can shitpost all day without getting banned for calling someone a nigger.

Thanks moot you glorious cuck.
>>
>>1432015

Agreed. No idea what Moot's life is like, but he seemed to genuinely care about 4chan, beyond just the potential for profit.
>>
>>1431643

>having this huge of an audience
>not being able to monetize effectively

He deserves it
>>
>>1431623
>has kept the place running well

m80 we might as well call it redditchan

This place has been ridiculously nerfed. I guess they're appealing to the vast underage userbase.
>>
>>1431623

I hate moot.

This place could've been so much better if he would've put a LITTLE effort into keeping the 420chan and 7chan communities here. Instead he was a prick and nerfed the sit as much as he could.
>>
>>1432456
monetizing this audience would cause them to lose their audience.

Who the fuck would stay here if it became reddit 2.0?
>>
How much would Hiroshima sell 4chan for? I could buy it. What would you guys want changed? I'd probably just delete /soc/ and make a /cel/ebrities board to get all the retards off of /tv/
>>
>>1432594
People don't realize some things just aren't profitable.

4chan has become just a huge property. Like owning a large house, it won't make you a lot of profit but it's a good investment to have and could be worth more in the future if it's built up or speculators see more value in it.
>>
>>1432451
>>1432244

He did the right thing and didn't sell it to someone unknown or someone willing to destroy it for a quick buck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.