[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK guys I'm a financial pleb I currently have 1 day a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: this_isnt_even_my_final_pepe.jpg (107KB, 672x668px) Image search: [Google]
this_isnt_even_my_final_pepe.jpg
107KB, 672x668px
OK guys I'm a financial pleb

I currently have 1 day a week under the table that brings in $90
I have a dish washing job 2 days a week that pays $9/hr - about 18 hours a week - Roughly $140 after taxes
My rent is $550 month
I have under $20k in school debts I have defaulted on and never pay. They do keep my tax returns however.
I dont have a car.
My electrical and gas bill is <$100 any given month
Food is whatever I can afford generally

So what can I do to better make my money work for me? I don't seem to have a lot to invest but maybe I can be saving somewhere? Are there any obvious tax right offs Im not taking advantage of or ways to save what Im making.

Im living by the skin of my teeth and work is hard to find, this dishwashing job took 4 months to get and its only 2 days.
>>
$985 a month.
-$550 rent
-$100 bills
-$200 groceries
= $185

Save it and continue to look for better work.
There are no shortcuts, unless you're smart. If you were smart you wouldn't be asking questions like this on /biz/
>>
Get a new job.

Learn how to talk to people.

S P E C I A L I S E in a skill, trade, or quality.
>>
>>1431534
How can I make such a small amount grow?

I always hear "Oh well if you had a million bucks you can just put it in a high yield bond and live off the interest." Anytime I look at numbers it seems like it be better to spend the million in investments that may or may not come to fruition then waste the opportunity and the time letting it sit for 2%. Is there no way to start snowballing a $185 month investment.

Of course Im chomping at the bit for better work every day but until that day comes I'd like to do what I can on the side to increase my standard of living.
>>
>>1431535
>Get a new job.
Working on it.
>Learn how to talk to people.
I feel very confident in my ability to talk to people. Could you clarify? Like learn how to kiss ass?
>S P E C I A L I S E in a skill, trade, or quality.
It seems any trade (plumber, welder, programming etc) requires schooling I cant afford or get loans for. Behind the 8 ball on this one
>>
>>1431531
well what did you go to school for to incur those debts?
>>
>>1431608
I major'd in Alcholism and minor'd in being rejected by girls

I dropped out
>>
>>1431611
Top kek

I hope the alcohol number the pain of rejection at least a little bit
>>
>>1431632
No it made everything much much worse. No joke
>>
Go the the local bar/cafe and ask if they need people.
Tell them you don't mind what kind of work and ask the employer if he wants it off the books.
9/10 is always looking for someone
>>
>>1431667
I'll tell you the end of that story:

$9/hr washing dishes
I have 3 months bartending experience and 5 years serving experience.

4 months of going to every bar and restaurant for that, just sayin'
>>
>>1431531
Feels bad man

$20k debt
Works 3 days a week
Earns $230 a week

Fucking hell that sounds horrific I'd have PTSD if I experienced that level of poor
>>
>>1431570
>requires schooling I cant afford
You can learn programming yourself through the net. There are tons of sites (i remember at least 5) where you can learn a programming language for free.
>>
>>1431998
This

You can freelance.

Spend your free time bettering yourself instead of masturabtion, vista, and 4chan.

Learn a programming language RIGHT NOW. If you don't, or if you give up, you deserve to be poor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.