[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>First job. >Minimum wage $11.25 an hour. >Get paid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: f8e.jpg (289KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
f8e.jpg
289KB, 1162x850px
>First job.
>Minimum wage $11.25 an hour.
>Get paid $12.50 an hour instead simply for working hard and doing overtime.
>1 to 2 free lunches everyday.
>Make $1750 on first month.
>Boss loves me.
>Work less than 30 hour and get paid for 65 hours instead.
>Wants to promote me after a month of working there.
>New wage will be $15 per hour.
>Boss applies to five star restaurant.
>Offers me to jump ship with him.
>Thinks I'll make a good assistant.
>Will get promoted again if he's hired.
>My new wage will be at least $20 an hour or more.

This guy thinks I'll be able to make six figures one day. Is he plotting something? I graduated high school 6 months ago. All my friends are still trapped in university for another 2 to 6+ years so I get a head start in life in addition to being debt free. Some of them won't get jobs for the first few months or a year and others will realize they got a useless degree and be stuck with a wagecuck job. My mom doesn't care how long I stay so I can save ridiculous amounts of money and I'm only spending $400 - $750 a month on food, transportation etc. What do I do with the excess amount of money? I don't like bank fees while my money is idle, I'm not buying a car because they eat money and I lack the social life for a cellphone. What would you do in my situation?
>>
Stick it in bank in a saving account and watch it grow. Open an investment account and wait for a happening with obvious profits. Treat yourself when you want and how you want, save for a rental property or farm. I did much the same when studying at uni. Ended up saving $40,000 just by working harder than the next guy. (not hard to do, and less boring).
>>
>>1430850
I would put some aside for holidays, donate a bit to charity and use the rest for investments and playing the stock market and forex.
>>
>>1430850
He knows that as long as you work under him, he will look good in front of his bosses and/or you get more stuff done than is expected of an employee in your position. Basically he sees your potential and wants you around. If he's a good guy, one day he will be just as happy to see you rise to his level or even surpass him.
>>
>>1430882
A saving account is already opened. Almost 2/3 of it is being placed in that account and the rest goes in my checking account until I need it. By save up for a rental property do you mean buy real estate and rent it?
>>
>>1430850
I think you are doing the right thing by not going to uni if you have these kind of opportunities. You will be getting a real business education imo and you will be making money oppose to us unifags.

As what you should do with the money. Once you reach the minimum required amount to joina fund (check out vanguard, I've worked at finance places where they basically tell their clients to chuck it in vanguard lol or they have their own where it's just the household name companies, thus, you won't be missing out on anything) and just add to it every 5k you want to deposit. Set yourself a goal say every year you want to add 15% of your taxed income in to this fund and it becomes an annuity and bam by the time you are 50 you will have a million dollars.
>>
>>1430923
I would have went to uni for an arts degree and I'm stupid so I assume I would fail. He claims that this will help my art career a lot more once I start branching off into other things. If I hit a dead end I want to try and get hired by a video game company(Ubisoft and a few others are hiring in my area) and get paid over $55k a year once I learn the right skills and create a good portfolio.
>>1430899
perfect description
>>1430896
>charity
kek, you wish.
>>
>restaurant

Why would he need an assistant? Wtf are you even doing at this restaurant
>>
>>1430946
> "The assistant chef works closely with the head chef when preparing the menu. The assistant must be experienced in the workings of the kitchen and staff members. The assistant chef creates dishes that complement the chef's entrees. The average salary for an assistant chef is around $30,000 annually."

To make him look good. I make food for rich folk and hipsters.
>>
>>1430850
A better long-term investment would be in a high paying trade.
>>
>>1430955
OP explained he reckons he is even to stupid for an arts degree. I don't think he could handle a trade, best to be an assistance chef or wahtever he is.
>>
He probably wants to fuck you
>>
>>1430850
Continue for the moment, you have no reason to change
Only when you feel you are underestimated, quit and open your own restaurant

Invest your extra money to get extra income, you can invest in stocks, real estate, crypto etc... Do what you like, but make sure you actually know what you are doing

Read buisness and money related books, on /lit/ sticky there is a list of good buisness related books
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.