[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>recently get hired at a club >all I do is pick up glasses,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160715_214000.jpg (897KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_214000.jpg
897KB, 1920x1280px
>recently get hired at a club
>all I do is pick up glasses, take out trash, and sweep/mop
>one day find check on the floor made out to some random name
>ask customers nearby if they dropped it they all say no
>I even tried to find the person whose name was on the check to no avail
>end up giving it to my manager

Could I have stolen it? As in, if I took it and cashed it in, would there be anyway for the rightful owner to find me or know it was me?
>>
>>1429943
>Made out to some random name

If you wrote the name into your name, the person writing the check could have easily chargebacked you and had the police investigate what was happening. You could have gone to jail.
>>
>>1429943
>Could I have stolen it?
If you have to ask, then you obviously couldn't. Your "best" option might have been to sell the check to someone who knows what to do with it, but you probably don't have that kind of trusted business contacts either.

tl;dr: No, you couldn't.
>>
No, because that's wrong.
>>
>>1429943
you can't cash a cheque that's not made out to your name from what I understand.
>>
>>1429943
sure you could have. but the real question is could yo have deposited/cashed it. and that is likely no.

but you could have sold it to some mafioso at a discount and let him deal with it.
>>
>>1429943
Yes you could have.

Get a fake Id made with that person's name.
Go to the bank that the check has written on it.
Cash check.

Security tapes are usually around for a week. Hope they don't figure out you did this.
>>
>>1430538
>BofA's records retention is 12 months before shipping the DVD's they're burned onto to their data storage center in Charlotte, NC
>My local credit union (one branch, fifteen employees total) has a DVR system that offloads video to the cloud and keeps that shit in perpetuity.

This isn't the 80's, and there are no more broke-ass bank sitting on a stack of VHS tapes that need to be swapped out every 4 hours on a split-track video system.
>>
>>1429943

No.

Even if you convinced the bank to cash it to you, you'd be fucked in the long run. They have you on camera and will ask for your thumbprint on the check.

Boom, check fraud.
>>
>>1430638
>shipping the DVD's they're burned onto to their data storage center

why would they do this instead of just setting up a cloud?
>>
>>1430654
I've asked the same thing (I do maintenance on the video surveillance systems for Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and a couple CU's.) The branch manager I asked said it's part of their own information security rules. They do have a DVR to Cloud system, but the hard backups are kept and burned every fucking day, and at the end of the month they physically mail the 12 month old DVRs for permanent storage. Wasteful.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.