[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth it to go back in school for 4 years (for a professional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1457159497201.png (54KB, 1862x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1457159497201.png
54KB, 1862x1063px
Is it even worth it to go back in school for 4 years (for a professional degree like pharmacy) just for a chance to get a job instead a shitty entry-level job I have right now with no hopes of going up without further education?

What does being 4 years behind in saving/investing even mean if you have barely-above minimum wage anyways?
>>
Of course it's worth it to go back to school. Education is always important now days plus, you have a higher chance of getting a job later than the majority. The importance in this is in you. You have to find a way to motivate yourself and gradually shape yourself as a successful person.
>>
muh dick
>>
>>1429793
R10 special remix

We both know it bro.
>>
I have a pharmacy degree. Everyone starts at 90K and i'm in shitty Canada. AMA.
>>
>>1429647
I bought a Wii specifically to play this game and did not regret it one bit.
>>
>>1429828
Rhythm heaven fever rule34.swf

This something different in OPs picture.
Have fun watching.
>>
>>1429837
Yeah I've seen it, the gay one with the bunnies was better.
>>
>>1429812

How much debt do you have?
>>
>>1429855
0 because my parents paid for it. However it normally cost around ~9000/year and they changed the prgoram entirely so it's now over 20,000/year.
>>
>>1429861

Most pharmacists in the states usually end up with close to 200k for their undergrad and pham school.

It's that high because of competition than anything else. Applications have increased every year, but the average salary has stayed the same for the last decade.
>>
>>1429868

200k in debt, not salary
>>
>>1429861
>However it normally cost around ~9000/year and they changed the prgoram entirely so it's now over 20,000/year.
Was that the old bachelor of pharmacy degree? I'm thinking of going for the PharmD now but I'm trying to figure out how to make time for two requirements I'm missing (an english class and anatomy) with a monday to friday job.
>>
>>1429870
>>1429868
Thats fucking retarded. How do schools justify that much? I probably wouldn't have gone if I had to pay 20K per year. Honestly not sure I can recommend it if you're going to be that much in debt. Might as well go for PA school or Osteopathic medecine and then specialize if you're paying that much.

>>1429873
Yeah, I have a BSc. Missed the mandatory PharmD by 3 years. Ah well, i'll be applying to medicine soon anyways. Are you in Canada because pharmacy is in a pretty shitty spot right about now.
>>
>>1429892
>Are you in Canada because pharmacy is in a pretty shitty spot right about now.
yes I am aware. I know some pharmacists are having to work as pharm techs in the city, but I'm under the impression there are still jobs if you are willing to relocate.

I'm not really sure what else to do honestly, I was thinking maybe get into pharmaceuticals with my chemistry degree at first but no luck with that either.
>>
>>1429931
Honestly about 40% of the people in my program have science degrees and are just here because they couldn't get jobs with those degrees. So in that way it might be worth it as you're pretty much guaranteed a job. Nursing might be better though because in my opinion, pharmacy isn't worth it if you're going 200K in debt for it. It will take way too long to pay that back and you will be over worked without a pension.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.