[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the legality of crowdfunding yourself from a private

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1469879711890.jpg (189KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1469879711890.jpg
189KB, 1600x900px
What would be the legality of crowdfunding yourself from a private web-page?

The reason I want to do it privately is so that I can "salt the tip jar" by starting the counter with a middling figure and doing some astroturfing.

It's for an idealistic innovative product of some kind, the nature of which has yet to be determined.
But bullshit similar to Theranos's revolutionary fingerprick home blood test, or the Raspberry Pi for third world computing (the bullshit being that only 1st world nerds buy them.)

What are your thoughts, /biz/?
>>
File: _CDG0713.jpg (949KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
_CDG0713.jpg
949KB, 2000x3000px
Do crowdfunding sites take any money if you don't reach your target? If so why not just put up the money yourself to get it to that middling level, but do it under a pseudonym?

This is why it's important to get people passionate and willing to invest before you put it public, if your goal is 10k, and 10 of your friends each chip in $100, you're 10% of the way there.
And because it's something they believe in, they don't feel like it's charity, because they're getting something out of it.

Fail that, have you considered not going the crowdfunding route and starting up an organisation, registering it with the government for the purposes of developing this idea: you'll probably be able to take donations all the same, do it outside of the regular websites, but most importantly enjoy tax exemptions a business wouldn't?

>I have literally no idea, just trying to help
>>
>>1429651
I like the organisation idea.

But this is going to be a pretty ghetto arrangement till I raise capital. I live on a razor's-edge budget as it is.
>>
Can't you make your own popular crowdfunding platform like Indiegogo? It won't be as great as Kickstarter, but still.
>>
>>1431113
That would be kind of like becoming a bus driver while trying to beg for bus fare. Bit of a detour.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.