[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, did you ever get a job that you're unqualified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gordon-gekko-2.jpg (880KB, 1472x800px) Image search: [Google]
gordon-gekko-2.jpg
880KB, 1472x800px
Hey /biz/, did you ever get a job that you're unqualified for? As in, your skills are woefully inadequate. If so, did you manage to wing your way through it? Did you eventually learn enough to get by? Did you get fired? Share your stories.
>>
>>1428434
once i got a blow job.

i had no previous experience.

i even managed to rise to a position where i was about to fire a few off.
>>
>>1428434

My buddy got a job as a professional chef. Prior to that he had just worked in a little sandwich shop.

Any time the head chef asked him to do something he didn't know how to do, he would just excuse himself to go to the bathroom. Then he would pull out his phone and YouTube how to do the thing he was being asked to do.

True story.
>>
>>1428461

Did he end up becoming a really good chef after a while?
>>
>>1428434
yeah, i got a job as a hedge fund manager. didn't even know what a stock was lol, threw darts in a dartboard to make my picks. i became a billionaire this way lol.
>>
>>1428739
Alarmingly, this could actually be true.
>>
I got a job managing a fund which started off being of sales manager in finance, it took 6 weeks to move to the fund. I had no degree and still havent sat my cert ( not that I really have to)
>>
>>1428777
He's just joking.
Bernie Sanders campaign rejected him for being overqualified.
>>
Not sure if classifies as the type of job or experience you mean, but a couple of years ago i ended up broke after a deli shop i owned shut down. I was left with only a couple hundred bucks to my name so i needed a way to make money fast. I looked up for a used motorbike in craigslist the next morning went to see it and bought it. No license, no experience, no insurance, no nothing. Couple hours later in the afternoon i was working as a messenger kek
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.