[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What has made you a success in business? Was it all the failures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 17855652233_c222d7f56d_o.jpg (591KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
17855652233_c222d7f56d_o.jpg
591KB, 2048x1536px
What has made you a success in business? Was it all the failures? Or did you already have knack for it?
>>
>>1427480
Failing regularly

Thinking pragmatically
>>
I got into the kneepads industry and my business has been booming ever since.. Quite frankly, im understaffed. Too many customers, not enough supply
>>
>>1427480
it kind of depends on what you mean for me to answer properly. I take your question as "What made you a success in YOUR OWN business" aka being self employeed

IMO, the answer(s) to that:

-having the ability to think and realize beyond the "end result" in all day to day experiences. To see the various systems in place that function to create the world we're in, and in turn to see opportunities to create some of these experiences yourself.
-brave enough to test yourself and have the confidence in your own abilities to try, even if the rest of the world tells you you're a fucking idiot.
-being humble enough to accept your own failures and admit that everything you do isn't perfect, without said failure causing you to give up, and using this knowledge as a learning experience instead.
-an ability to think logically, to look at the system you put in place from an outside perspective and systematically optimize it and remove/replace problems until you have a smooth running machine.
-wise enough not to blindly jump into the first thing that says "i can make you money, friend!" and to be able to analyze and rationalize, yourself, if somethings worth giving attention to or not.
>>
>>1427527

Me and my friend grew up together, always wanted to be our own bosses and "be rich". Did not come from money and did not get a strong education. At 18, I began learning about online marketing and started trying my hand at various little things while spending hours researching and reading on various forums in my free time while working whatever shitty jobs 18 y/os get. He was busy getting drunkin his spare time. He thought what I was doing was stupid, I was spinning my wheels for little pay, but I kept going, because I was learning.

Later we got into IT, I was still doing various online marketing and had gotten to the point where I was making some decent spare cash from it consistantly. He was still getting drunk in his spare time, and would talk about how he wants to get into the stock market.

After a few more years, my IM hobby lead me to ebay, and I had built an ebay business large enough that it was time for me to quit IT and become a professional ebayer, and be self employed. My parents thought I was crazy and my buddy didnt think itd work. I continued with my plan.

6 months later my mom asked me to teach her how to sell stuff on ebay, and my friend did as well. My mom took to it a bit and started making some side cash but stopped due to medical reasons (and needs to get back into it now that shes better), my friend asked me if I could bring him in. I tried to teach him how to do it, he literally sold one thing and gave up. He currently works in a warehouse for 10 bucks an hour.

Life took some unexpected twists and basically my entire life had the restart button pushed, I lost everything. I have spent the last 3 years trying to fix myself, and in the last year I have begun rebuilding my business. I'm finally almost back to the point where I should be able to live on my own, go to college, and have plenty of leftover cash while doing so, all by myself. My friend is playing stocks with money his mom gave him, and currently down 300.
>>
Nobody here is a success in business
>>
>>1427510
Higher demand and no change in supply means you should increase the price of your kneepads my good sir. You may even be able to increase your volume of sales alongside increasing your price if supply is greatly dwarfed by quantity demanded from consumers.
>>
>>1427562
>Nobody here is a success in business
How much did you lose?
>>
>>1427480

> What has made you a success in business?

Persistence and an idea that sells.

You need both. And when you have both the sky is the limit.
>>
>>1427543
Stop embellishing shit.
Its clear that your "friend" is actually you. And "you" is what you could have been.
>>
I think it was my knack for spotting good investments
>>
>>1427641
Is the knack based on feelings or copious amount of research?
>>
>>1427626
what kind of trolling bullshit response is this?

I've only been visiting /biz/ for like 3 weeks now, holy FUCK this place is filled with trash more than any other section
>>
>>1427543
your friend's problem is that he should have realized that the only people who make money from the stock market are investors with >$50K or professional analysts who are compensated for their opinion. your business on the other hand is believable because I have friends in e-commerce
>>
>>1428952
No, it's numbers based. I don't speculate
>>
>>1429107

I think there's a little of both, coming from someone who makes decent investments (stock-wise). You have to have a decent read on current social trends and other things that can't necessarily be measured. I am entering the ecommerce field so we'll see if it translates.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.