[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to put a stop loss on a stock if it goes below

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 11.png (845KB, 620x895px)
11.png
845KB, 620x895px
Is it possible to put a stop loss on a stock if it goes below 1 cent above what I bought in at? In other words, if I buy at $1.00, it goes up to $1.02, and then goes down to $0.99, then I haven't made any losses because it sold at $1.01. Why can't I do this and make pure profit?
>>
because you buy at 1 dollar and it just goes down gg.
>>
Well it's not every day you read the dumbest thing you ever read
>>
>>1427441
wow i don't even think this is a troll.
>>
>>1427456
Then it sells automatically if it goes down. Problem solved. Still no loss.
>>
>>1427497
So it sells automatically.

At a previous price

Which is not the current price

So you want to go back in time and change shit
>>
>>1427497
you gotta incorporate the cost of trades AND stock prices can drop faster than your stop loss is set.
>>
>>1427516

>price drops to .99
>Op tries to sell at 1.01

Think hard anons.
>>
>>1427529
>gets on phone with customer service
>give me my $1.01 price
>customer service: No
>>
>>1427441
statistically, what do you think your chances are that you hit the spot loss of one cent below your entry point?

i'd say 100%
>>
>>1427513
If you get in at $1.00 with a stop at $1.01 then it'd immediately sell once you hit $1.01. The stock could drop though and your order wouldn't get stopped out and sold. It literally does happen almost automatically because your broker will usually take the other side of the trade to ensure your stop/limit order gets hit and then they'll play the trade the way they see fit and probably make money.
>>
>>1427560
>price drops
>company goes bust
>op can't afford knee pads

Why do you hate op's knees anon?
>>
>>1427441
>Why can't I do this and make pure profit?
because you just paid a $10 fee to make a 1 cent profit
>>
>>1427566
>Why do you hate op's knees
A bookie told me that was his soft spot.
>>
>>1427546
>I want to talk to a manager
>>
>>1427643
>Manager: (laughs) No
>>
>>1427529
3D chess
>>
>>1427615
>Why can't I do this and make pure profit?
Here, watch what I can do with market orders:
>buy stock at 1.00
>hand hovering over the sell button
>sell stock at 1.01
>bro hory shit pure profit!!!

What I'm saying is that OP, with your idea you haven't changed your risk/reward situation at all.
>>
File: 1431982765626.png (12KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431982765626.png
12KB, 800x600px
>>1427441

statistically speaking

that ass is fat
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.