[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am nineteen years old, have a job that I enjoy and make what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x486px
I am nineteen years old, have a job that I enjoy and make what I think anyways is pretty good money. I work full time, I'm making this post because after my direct deposit went it at midnight, I now have over $10,000 saved up. I want to get into stocks and things, eventually be able to retire at a young age, be rich etc. I feel I'm fairly intelligent, I just want to know if anyone was in a similar situation, and what they did starting out with investing. I have read some things online, and will continue to, but is there any advice from someone who learned from their own experience how to get started?

>TLDR
I am young, have 10k, what do I do with my money to financially grow?
>>
If your not familiar with stocks
you will lose it all.
Find a good company like fidelity
And choose a low risk option.
Guaranteed money.
You can try stocks on your own but to me it isn't worth the risk.
You can also try just playing with stocks about 500$ worth to start an account and see how it really works.
>>
>>1424452
That's fine, I will keep that in mind. What other investments would you recommend making?
>>
>>1424447
Common sense should tell you two things:
1) Lots of people have the ability to save $10,000
2) Somehow, you're not hearing about a new class of stock millionaires from any reliable source (that's right /biz/).
Or, look at it another way. How many people do you know personally that are making a living from the stock market? There's a reason.
That's not to say impossible. But most people aren't even aware of the advantages that would give them a fighting chance, and so the road is littered with failures.
>>
>>1424499
1) In no way did I mean to say that I'm a special snowflake, I just meant that I'm not retarded and feel like I could be using my money in a smarter way.
2) I also didn't mean to make it sound like this was to be my primary income. Just a supplement. I meant get rich and retire at a young age as literally just some goals in life, not that I expected stocks themselves to get me there. And I know 10k is not a ton, I did however save it up somewhat quickly.
>>
>>1424447
Why not use that money to get a degree in finance if stocks interest you that much
>>
>>1424447
google "swing trading"

It involves the MACD and RSI

Use finviz to look up companies with

P/E under 15
Debt/equity under .5
Current ratio over 1.5
P/B over 1
>>
>>1424508
Ok. Well, lots of times, people on this board who talk about "getting into stocks" are referring to trading.
If you're talking about investing, good call. $10K is more than enough, but most people will tell you to diversify by buying mutuals or ETF's, and stay away from individual stocks.
>>
>>1424447
What is your job?
>>
>>1424447
Put it all in VOO or some other index fund that traces the S&P 500.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.