[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone regret doing business in school? Or even as work/career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Does anyone regret doing business in school? Or even as work/career?
I did a Business admin. with a minor in Econ and a concentration in Finance. I work in sales now. I fucking hate it. All my life I became great at the arts. Music, film, drawing, building, cooking, etc. I'm a hands on man and creative as fuck. I've been asked if I plan on producing or writing anything I talk about, and people are impressed when I do something "artistic". But I chose business because I was a poor kid who wanted to be rich like all the rest. It's not too late I suppose, but how the fuck do I continue doing this shit. Business is just so whack in many aspects. I suppose I like Investing, an strategy, but all I'm ever offered are sales jobs. How the fuck do I get out of this? Or at least how do I translate my business leanings into the shit I enjoy?
>>
>>1422442
I am in the same boat as you. I pretended to like sales and marketing, but as soon as I got in the industry I started hating my life. On the other hand, though, I would have been a starving artist. I only got a business degree to satisfy my parents.
>>
>>1422505
What's worse is I'm not even that bad at sales. I killed it at the last company I worked for. But I dreaded being there everyday. This one is even worse, with slightly better pay. I'm 24 now. I hear from older folks how my life has just begun and all that jazz. But God damn this shit sucks. I have nightmares about getting comfortable making just under 6 figures and every now and then 6 figures, marrying some former whore bitch in my office etc. I've lived too much of an interesting life to become this shit.
>>
I did business admin and graduated with a 4.0 but my retarded younger self didn't do any networking or internships because I fell for the "good grades will get you a job" meme. I don't really regret the business degree and but I would definitely have worked harder getting some experience and making connections in college knowing what I know now. I've got a career plan now but I could have started 2-3 years earlier.
>>
You can easily make the biz knowledge work for you, dumbass
>>
Not really, I did science (which is a bumpy road career wise) but I used to get paid to learn, come up with new ideas, make accidents. Now I get paid to travel and work on instruments.

Not saying this to brag, but to show gow much better intrinsic rewards are than chasing after money and whatnot. Sure one could argue that money is more "real" since at the end of the day you need something to live on, but I feel like I only work maybe 1-2 days a week and I love most of what I do. I'll probably never have dudes thinking I'm the coolest guy around for having a mustang or girls that are attracted to wealthy men throwing themselves at me but theres enough girls that are into weirdos like me

If you're gonna switch, earlier is better than later, but if you got a late start that's ok too. Your brain will find a way to make it work as long as you learned how to hustle
>>
>>1422516
Does the concept of saving up and then fucking off and doing exactly what you want mean anything to you? Why is that so hard to fathom? It's not like breaking into the sales force again after a break would be difficult for you.
>>
>>1422684
>coolest guy
>Mustang
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.