[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Stories involving people who expect something for nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: annoying.png (38KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
annoying.png
38KB, 600x700px
ITT: Stories involving people who expect something for nothing and/or attempt to take advantage of your skills?

> be me
> be 23
> know a dude from work
> explains to me about an amazing new idea
> says it's the new "Facebook"
> keeps shilling me this new idea. every. fucking. day
> says when he hits it big he'll take me along
> promises an office, salary, ect
> only thing he requires is me to dev
> alright I bite and see what his idea is
> kid is on about a "mini website" for businesses
> idea that is completely identical to Google's side panel when you search a biz to the right
> kid has been at it for 3 years and I haven't seen any statistics/profits
> kid is on about a store reselling/drop shipping perfumes too
> I shrug it off as nothin', cause' it ain't nothin'.
> inform him I'll dev for a cost, which he agrees
> everytime payment comes for my dev work, he rages
> kid literally said "guess I'm the only one that believes in this dream"

cont.

I mean what's up with these kinds of people? Anyone have any similar stories?
>>
>>1422412

> arrange a job with him to get an admin panel done for 3.2k, give me 90 days
> kid says ight, I'll get you the money next week
> well it's now 2 weeks and I've only seen $100 with a snarky comment attached
> keeps going around in circles, giving excuses, blaming his "cfo"
> chocked this up to be bullshit a few weeks ago - before all this
> recently started launching my own product due to his inability to deliver
> selling a few products hur n' dur - telling him all of what's going on
> kid still on about his product, his dream, and "our future"

> he gets me a few clients tho
> gets me a real gem of a client
> client expects a whole website, back, front, left, right, and everything in-between
> client wants a panel for people to log into, including diff levels for these users, user management, recent sales, invoices - I mean everything - relatable to crm
> quote client 2.8k and give me a month or 2
> client declines and was expecting 1.2k...
> client got recent quotes from India for 2.4k - $400 you get English
> say gg and plan to use client's idea in the future
> cause' fuck your cheap ass - biz is biz

Welp that's the end of my spew really.

I've posted this as I'm frustrated with the fact this dude has been beating around the bush with nothing to show.

Moral of the story: Don't dick people around.

I want to hear your guy's stories and lessons.
>>
> I shrug it off as nothin', cause' it ain't nothin'.
>>
>>1422451

Oh you like dat bic boy?
>>
>>1422412
A family friend wanted me to work for his company doing the labor for him for cash and being paid under minimum wage for physical labor. He tried to spin it off like he was giving ME the deal.
>>
>>1422464

Greentext for me baby.
>>
>>1422487
>"hey bud, I can get you a job working construction. Its hard work and shit pay but maybe you can finally move out of your parents place huh?"
>no
>"well it would really mean a lot to your parents, I'm mainly doing this for them..."
>no
>"ok, well hope you get going some day kiddo..."
>k

Family friend goes onto tell parents he tried but I wouldn't accept the offer. Jesus all my parents want me to do is work work work, they don't care at all about what I want. I just want to be friends with pony sparkles and watch rainbows and play with my katana.
>>
>>1422506
God fucking damn it I can't handle this obscure form of maybe its b8 maybe its not. Brb laughing my genitals off
>>
File: 1415045597298.gif (401KB, 245x186px) Image search: [Google]
1415045597298.gif
401KB, 245x186px
>>1422460
das a gud wan
>>
>>1422550

> implying it's b8
> anon took the time to greentext

We have a try hard here boys.
>>
>>1422425
hope you're not working without down payments. I usually take half pre and half post. It totally changes the way the client treats you.

and in freelancing you run into startup retards all the time. this post made me google some old ones I did work for years ago and none of them ever went anywhere. The truth is freelancing is basically taking money from stupid rich people for ideas that are bound to fail.
>>
>>1422487
>>1422550
>>1422619
that's not me you fags, kek

Nothing to really greentext though. He just offered a really shit job making him money and thought he was doing me a favor for some reason. When I made more and with less work.

I dunno just pisses me off when someone tries to give you a shitty deal and really tries to sell it as something amazing as if you're retarded and don't know how much it(your time in this case) is worth
>>
>>1422639

> implying I thought it was you
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.