[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ noob here. basically can any of you recommend some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: butters angry.jpg (8KB, 200x186px) Image search: [Google]
butters angry.jpg
8KB, 200x186px
Hey /biz/ noob here. basically can any of you recommend some entry level books for someone whos looking to get into finance and investments? thanks!

pic unrelated!
>>
baaaaamping my own thread ffs
>>
>>1421316
I'll bump as well
>>
File: Rothschild, N.M..jpg (99KB, 350x492px) Image search: [Google]
Rothschild, N.M..jpg
99KB, 350x492px
Lombard Street by Walter Bagehot, one of the early writers for the Economist. Very insightful and still relevant.

https://books.google.com/books?id=MGYuAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=lombard+street&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv48CkhqbOAhWLAMAKHXiDCNYQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=lombard%20street&f=false
>>
>starting strength
>by Mark Rippletoe
>>
http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/343416/16-investment-lessons-learnt-decade-picking-bargain-stocks
>>
https://www.amazon.de/Principles-Corporate-Finance-Richard-Brealey/dp/0077151569/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470264052&sr=8-1&keywords=finance

Its a whole degree
>>
File: minoriteam.jpg (42KB, 350x413px) Image search: [Google]
minoriteam.jpg
42KB, 350x413px
>>1421524
>English trade is carried on upon borrowed capital to an extent of which few foreigners have an idea, and none of our ancestors could have conceived. In every district small traders have arisen, who 'discount their bills' largely, and with the capital so borrowed, harass and press upon, if they do not eradicate, the old capitalist. The new trader has obviously an immense advantage in the struggle of trade.

>If a merchant have £50,000 all his own,—to gain 10 per cent. on it he must make £5,000 a year, and must charge for his goods accordingly; but if another has only £10,000 and borrows £40,000 by discounts (no extreme instance in our modern trade), he has the same capital of £50,000 to use, and can sell much cheaper.
>If the rate at which he borrows be 5 per cent., he will have to pay £2,000 a year; and if, like the old trader, he make £5,000 a year, he will still, after paying his interest, obtain £3,000 a year, or 30 per cent., on his own £10,000.

>As most merchants are content with much less than 30 per cent., he will be able, if he wishes, to forego some of that profit, lower the price of the commodity, and drive the old-fashioned trader—the man who trades on his own capital—out of the market.

This is still the best explanation of leverage I have ever encountered.
>>
File: 1468973472074.jpg (543KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
1468973472074.jpg
543KB, 1100x700px
>>
Benjamin Graham but I don't know if he's /biz/ approved
>>
>>1422622
he's buffet approved.
>>
Margin of Safety. Torrent it.
>>
>>1421530

This. The most important step for doing anything is building your body. You won't be able to do anything without a working mind, and to do that you need a working body.

I'd recommend "Trade your way to financial freedom" and "How to make money in stocks".
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.