[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

"The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets" - Some guy with more money than me

With all the shit going on in Flint Michigan is it not a good time to swoop in and buy some property.

I'd assume that the local government are eventually going to sort out their problems.
>>
>>1416965
>I'd assume that the local government are eventually going to sort out their problems.

Yeah, uh, about that

Good luck

Why not buy property in Detroit?
>>
>buy several cheap houses in Michigan
>rent big helicopter
>air drop the houses into LA and NYC
>rake in millions buying low and selling high
Easy money
>>
>>1416965

I agree, but the safer play is to buy in a growing area.

Just look at Texas or Georgia for example. There are suburban counties that are growing like crazy. Just buy a home there and you are basically gauranteed a return over a 5 - 10 year period.
>>
Those regions are over taxed, have to wait for pension reform, cities like Detroit, Chicago, etc. Are really paying double (at least) their staff size because of old pension deals to their retired police, city employees who have all left to the state of Florida. The solution has been to tax land owners to obscene rates to make up for it, be prepared to pay more on taxes than the purchase price.
Your theory is good, if you could start a religious or nonprofit to get out of the property taxes you'd be golden.
>>
im still scared to buy into REITs. will an interest rate increase fuck over VNQ well enough to warrant waiting?
>>
>>1417411
this too. literally every property in those shitholes have back taxes owed. look over the assessor pages, find how much in liens are against the property, and then judge whether you want to buy it.
>>
>>1417421
>buy a house
>pay property taxes each year
>if you don't pay, the government eventually takes your house away from you under threat of violence

Do you really own your property after all? What a joke.
>>
>>1417722
They claim without this set up all the evil rich people would own all the land.
>>
Flint has been a dying city for thirty years and it's not ever going to come back. Detroit might make a comeback because Detroit's suburbs are still fairly well-off and highly populated and can pump money and people back into the city. Flint, on the other hand, is pretty far to the north and has jack fucking shit surrounding it.
>>
Phrase is blood in the streets. Not lead in the water.
>>
>>1417722

Nevada used to have a way to buy allodial title to property from the state. Once you did it, you no longer had to pay property taxes, and the property couldn't be seized under eminent domain.

The state no longer had any claim to it.

Alas, they stopped selling new titles several years ago.
>>
Honestly.... don't ever expect a black city to come around. There just aren't any examples of cities that are overrun by our ulotrichous brethren that have ever come back. It's a mistake to go anywhere near those cities.
>>
>>1417792

CARLOS
>>
>>1416965
>When the enviorment around the area is unstable, prices are cheaper because people are trying to flee to safer areas, lessening demand for the unsafe area.

Yes its cheaper. It may stay that way permanently.
>>
>>1417832
>gentrification isn't real

Surely you're joking.
>>
>>1417722
Libertarian detected
>>
>>1418991
Man, it's like we aren't even really free at all, maaaan!
>>
>>1417722
>>1419007
Y u do dis

Such sad now ;_; feelsbadman.jpg
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.