[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here constantly encounter thinly veiled jealously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1464744443391.png (16KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
1464744443391.png
16KB, 612x408px
Anybody else here constantly encounter thinly veiled jealously because of their success?

I'm always humble and nice to people, yet people constantly try to demean me. This happens in any social context.

Anyone else?
>>
poorfags will always bring down successful people and demean them so they can somehow feel gud about their miserable and ignorant existence.
>>
Man I don't even make good money but an ex-friend was being a dick about the fact I bring in $1500 a fortnight.
>>
>>1415502
You either have terrible friends, or you're actually a cunt without realising it. 50/50
>>
>>1415502
people often make the assumption that you got to where you are through unfair means, or you "got lucky."

that's where the malevolence comes from, and truth be told it's hard not to think that way if your assumption is correct in the first place. nepotism generally breeds butthurt, and with good reason.
>>
>>1415502
Its envy dumbass. Everyone wants what you have because most humans are small minded pieces of shit who are not willing to work for shit, and who just want it handed to them on a plate, so when it doesnt happen they just automatically assume it happened to (you) because you're rich and not them.
>>
>>1415502
Just consider that you're perhaps appearing as arrogant or snobby to others. Sure, people are petty and jealous, but if you seeing this constantly, surely you're at least somewhat responsible for it.

Hell, in the first paragraph, you acknowledge your alleged success. Not the success of your business, or of your investments, or of your work, but your own success. That sounds like something a person with a high opinion of themselves would say. It's not necessarily bad to think highly of yourself, but maybe this leaks into IRL interactions even more and causes insecure people to lash out in self-defense and try to get you down to make up for their insecurities.

As for my own two cents, I try not to be toxic to anyone IRL, but I never ever had a positive opinion about a "successful" person. They always exude fake niceness, but act like the whole world is their playground.
>>
>>1415758
when did 'toxic' become a term for being asshole?
>>
>>1415760
It's not the same. "Asshole" would refer to explicitly hostile behavior. Being toxic can cover a large range of hostile behavior, some of it very well disguised.
>>
File: 1469724346390.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469724346390.gif
903KB, 300x200px
>>1415767
so you're a league of legends player huh
>>
>>1415775
I don't get the reference, but don't bother explaining it.
>>
File: 1464477880163.jpg (52KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464477880163.jpg
52KB, 543x960px
>>1415776
>>
>>1415758
This is probably solid advice

Quality post anon
>>
>>1415512
This
>>1415669
This
>>1415728
This
>>
Sounds like you screwed up somewhere and tipped your hand. No one is supposed to know how well you're doing, it's called 'stealth wealth'
>>
>>1415758
this
>>
>>1415502
Normies are fucking garbage in general OP, especially when they detect ANY sign that you're not as mediocre as they are.

Overcome their smug passive aggressiveness with actual aggressiveness and watch how 90% of them back off like the cowards that they are.

Trust me, mate. These people will never see you as anything other than a springboard for their own ambitions. Better to just drag their problems with you right out into the open.

It's better than the 'fake' niceness this guy talks about

>>1415758

Don't get me wrong, you CAN eventually make it convincing, but it's probably not worth it.
>>
>>1415502
>Anybody else here constantly encounter thinly veiled jealously because of their success?
At about the same rate I encounter thinly veiled bragging and flaunting.
Proof: OP
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.