[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people on this board, right now, who don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: kek.png (62KB, 191x200px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
62KB, 191x200px
>There are people on this board, right now, who don't index for long-term investments

Can someone please explain to me why they think they'll be able to, on average, beat S&P funds for the next 30 years when actively managed accounts haven't beat them on average since the dot com bust?
>>
Because they're retarded NEETs for whom 7-8% p/a is only $80
>>
File: 1452459786973.jpg (61KB, 540x443px) Image search: [Google]
1452459786973.jpg
61KB, 540x443px
>>1415020
Because I am dedicated to success. While those fancy shmancy wall street folks are drinking alcohol and taking quaaludes, I am studying the spreadsheets of companies going back to 2009. While they use their emotions to pick stocks, I only invest sensibly, on stocks that I happen to know (I play a lot of video games, so I invest in stocks relating to video games (AMD, TTWO, etc.)) While they worry about aesthetically pleasing stocks, I worry about the nitty gritty and make sure to know each stock inside and out. An example is AMD, which recently grew by about 120%. Because I wanted to make money off of it, I took a 6 month Japanese course, and traveled to Japan to meet the family members of their CEO. I learned what films he liked, what music he listened to, and what made him tic. I used all of this to formulate the most comprehensive report to select how much risk I was willing to put into this stock. To my amazement, I found that the stock was greater than I thought, so I put 42% of my account's buying power in this one stock. Now I can cover my losses, while having some money left over to continue my humble way of life, so humble in fact, that the faces of these yuppies would probably fall off if they even imagined themselves living my life for more than a few seconds. This is why I win, and why they lose.
>>
>>1415038
>I got lucky on one gamble

Grsts. Let me know if you come out on top over the s&p on a 20-30 year horizon.
>>
>>1415048
oh god
it's the replies to bait I can't ever tell if srs
>>
>>1415020
I'll buy it after the correction happens. 30 indexes are much better than 10.
>>
>>1415038
10/10 bait
>>
>>1415020

You tell me, if you had invested in a global index fund you would've earned more than in a s&p 500 index fund. If you put your money into emerging markets you would've made even more.

To beat the market you need to be smarter than the market. 99 percent isn't.
>>
>>1415020
Because growth stocks that I sell covereds on you unsophisticated plebshit.
>>
>>1415038
>I took a 6 month Japanese course, and traveled to Japan
I believe this part
>>
>>1415020
Because I'm not a wageslave and invest in my own businesses instead. Property management and design firm.
>>
>>1415038
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>1415038
Thanks for the top-tier copypasta
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.