[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate the city life. The crowded environment and shitty personalities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1468453288783.jpg (31KB, 620x259px) Image search: [Google]
1468453288783.jpg
31KB, 620x259px
I hate the city life. The crowded environment and shitty personalities are making life unbearable. I want to move out to a more rural area but I'm worried about the cost and job prospects. Where can you get cheap land with a small house that has a decent job market? Can I rent land out for agriculture or something similar to help with th4 costs?
>>
>>1414444

I live in Texas and I have a finance degree of that helps.
>>
>>1414444
How rural are we talking? Small town, or ranch in the middle of nowhere?
>>
>>1414444
Opposite here.

I live in a town of under 100k people with my parents and it fucking sucks and I hate it. I want to move to the city soon.
>>
>>1414451

Small rural but I could do middle of nowhere. I just don't want to drive 2 hours to work.
>>
i live in a small town of 2000 an hour from downtown dallas. anything south and east of dallas the traffics not too terrible going into the city, from the north though, its unbearable.

oh i work locally remodeling homes and doing home repair for myself, i charge 25 an hour. own 2 acres and home. small bills. love life
>>
>>1414444
what city do you work in now?
>>
>>1414479
>>1414483

I work in Frisco. The traffic here sucks.
I work in finance and make about 75k but it's stressful. I'm just saving as much money as I can.
>>
>>1414597
You aren't going to find a finance job in the boonies. The grass always seems greener on the other side. Just save as much as you can and retire in the sticks in a few years if you really hate the city.
>>
>>1414614

What about working a bank? People need to finance land right?
>>
Tennessee still has some nice grabs.
>>
>>1414724
Which parts?
>>
I'm from the Dallas area, go live in the outskirts of Greenville and you can commute to some of the eastern bigger suburbs of Dallas. Land is sti relatively cheap, you can find big pieces for $1500 and acre. I just bought 80 acres in the area and a farmer leases it to run his cattle.
>>
>>1414444
and you think rural areas have more common sensical people? A bunch of illiterate rednecks without any depth and intelligence to them, makes me wanna puke. Rednecks act like a bunch of autistic idiots without any morality in them.
>>
>>1414444
Haha have fun getting stabbed by some crazy farmer with a pitchfork.
>>
>>1414789
That sounds great. How much did you pay total with the house included. How much do you lease it out for the cattle? I didn't know you could do that.
>>
>>1414808
Man that's ignorant. Many of the farmers are some of the most selfless people you'll meet. They have a sense of community you could never even begin to fathom in a big city, and help people out when they need it. We have a hog problem and this summer our farmer (the man who leases our property) put out a hog trap and trapped about eight. After they killed them, I asked what they were doing with them, and they explained that they processed the meat and distributed it to the poorer families in the area. There are bad people everywhere, but the amount that people help each other out in a rural town shows that a strong small community really brings out the good in people.
>>
>>1414816
We got a deal with some friends who work for satterwhite homes in Longview for the lumber, and my friends and I along with out farmer and his family built the house for 20k, pretty much at cost for the materials. The farmer is a family friend and has a bulldozer so helped build the infrastructure (roads and house dig out) for free, but we have an agreement that he can lease the place for free for 10 years. This is actually a huge deal, and since my family has another 2000 acres that he leases in the area and our families have a mutual trust, and it's a mutually benificial relationship all-around, you probably wouldn't be able to get a deal like this.

But I bought the 83 acres for 110k, and again, we used the small community and connections to forgo a realtor, so I was able to negotiate the price down.

I live in a suburb of Dallas and use the land for entertainment and as a long-term holding I'll pass to my kids one day. I plan to retire there with my wife, and the Dallas areas is booming so of my kids want to sell it one day they should make huge returns.

We'll negotiate the lease later on, but honestly he does so much maintenance work on the place I can't imagine ever charging our farmer that much for the measly 80 acres. You'll have to negotiate that once you own a place of your own. Rural land isn't great as an income vehicle unless you own a lot of it, but it holds its value extremely well, and is more dependent on who has the highest demand for it, i.e. Does a neighbor own a lot of land nearby and want to add adjacently to there property. However, if you want to go full-on hermit, it's not hard to grow enough food and hunt enough deer and hog to sustain yourself, you can even sell excess meat.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.