[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every single job I've ever had people accuse me of leading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image_0.gif (2MB, 634x819px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.gif
2MB, 634x819px
Every single job I've ever had people accuse me of leading a "double life"

I don't fucking understand it

I'm a friendless autist who tends to his routines and obsessive interests when not at work

It's like normalfags see me as this enigma. Like they think I'm lying to them and that I actually lead a "double life" (in their words). I've been accused of being a drug user by many people when in reality I'm stone cold sober except for 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages on Friday nights alone.

Can someone explain this fucking shit to me? How can I make this stop? My coworkers never seem to trust me and it's affecting my ability to advance my career.
>>
>>1413527
YOU FUCKING IDIOT OP YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!
>co-workers think OP is leading a double life
>think OP is a drug user
>OP is actually the batman
Total win bro, trust me, they will love you from then on!
>>
it's because you have good genes and are not afflicted with male pattern baldness, if you were balding nobody would question for a minute whether you're a shut in or not
>>
>>1413527
Maybe spend less time being a creep collecting photoshoped images of past presidents and mroe time being a nromie and people wont hate you.
>>
>>1413538
I'm aging like shit mate actually

Significantly receded hairline with considerable thinning up top

Obvious wrinkles, crows feet, enlarged pores, forehead crevices

I'm 27.
>>
>>1413527
>I've been accused of being a drug user by many people
Dentists accuse me of this as I used to grind my teeth when I sleep so they're ground down to nothing... a sign of meth addiction
>>
>>1413527
In what context are they making the accusation? That's really weird and specific to be a recurring thing
>>
>>1413527
Lol same with me when I told someone I only spend like $30 a week. Just don't give a shit, what do you expect us to say?
>>
>>1413734
No context besides just casually talking to coworkers

It is really weird and I am racking my brain trying to understand. It is most definitely a recurring thing.
>>
>>1413527
include them in this "double life". That's what they want, its a good thing you autist.

Organize hiking trips or charity runs,
in general anything positive that will fill the gaps they seek so much to fill.

Once they create a model of who you are, you are set. No need to even do any charity, you will be labeled charitable forever.

When they praise you, do make it about how great you are, but rather how lucky you are. They dont want to think you are a better person, but rather that your circumstances are better.

There.
>>
>>1413819
unless you flesh that out with some negative experiences, i'm inlcined to think that's a positive thing. it's friendly banter. they're trying to make light-hearted jokes. what else are they supposed to talk to you during small-talk? "oh hey, anon. so... spent the weekend at home again?" or "tell me about the nothing going on in your life". they probably can't wrap their head around why you don't do more stuff they enjoy so they're jokingly claim you must have a double life.

usually conversation is less about the counterpart and more about the speaker. *they* feel awkward when talking to you and try to fill the void, try to find conversation topics. it's their coping strategy when encountering a lifestyle they can't wrap their heads around.

the correct choice is probably to roll with it. if it's intended as lighthearted banter, you should also get in on the joke ("alright, alright, i confess - i'm actually a firefighter at night. you know, i'm seeking the thrill that's lacking in my dayjob ;-)"). even if it's intended as hurtfull insults the best way is still to embrace it. they can't hurt you with it, if you don't feel hurt or insulted by it.
>>
>>1413527
Fuck it, don't let the misunderstandings of plebs affect your livelihood.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.