[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be accounting student >looking up tips for interviews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1469468253495.jpg (98KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469468253495.jpg
98KB, 600x800px
>be accounting student
>looking up tips for interviews
>"don't be a weirdo and you're basically guaranteed for big4"

are there so many autists out there that this actually needs to be said?
>>
>>1412282
^(>.>)^ Give your energy to Hercule!
>>
This is where "lip balm and kneepads" isn't just a meme btw
>>
Honestly interview is probably the easiest part compared to actually getting that far in the first place
>90% GPA
>Strong ECs
>STEM backgroubd
>Apply for vacation programs at the most basic entry level
>hardly progress past the first round

EY here alone had about 16k applicants for vacationers and that's probably less than a few hundred positions nationally
>>
Alright lads, I've got some interview questions. What's the best answer to these questions?

>How would you react if another coworker made either a light or serious mistake? Would you warn or report him?

>Would you report a coworker who was lazy on the job?

>GROUP DEBATE: A coworker does serious damage to the company under another coworker's credentials. How do you react? At the end, pick a representative from the group to discuss the question with the interviewers.

What is the best answer for these questions? Do you report him straight away or give him a warning first and report later?

In the middle of the interview, you're also offered coffee, juice or water. Do you pick one or decline? What do they even test for with this crap.
>>
Accountants have a unique combination of poor social skills and lack of creativity. You could call the autists but then autists are good at things.
>>
>How would you react if another coworker made either a light or serious mistake? Would you warn or report him?
>depending on the severity of the mistake react by taking your colleague aside for a concilliatory chat in the stationary cupboard to poisoning their lunch

>if offering them sexual favours didnt encourage them to work harder send an all staffer reprimanding them

>GROUP DEBATE: A coworker does serious damage to the company under another coworker's credentials. How do you react? At the end, pick a representative from the group to discuss the question with the interviewers.
>finger the coworker then report them to your superiors
>>
>>1412282
>looking up tips for interviews
This is a mistake though.

What you want to look up is:
>tips for running a job interview
because that will give you some empathy for the interviewer and insight into their mindset.

One of the dumbest things people do when they approach job interviews is get into a highly self-conscious mindset. If you understand something about the person you are talking to, you will easily handle the questions and techniques they use.
>>
>>1412370
If the coworker was unaware, I would try to help and inform them of the mistake. If that mistake was deliberate or not corrected and would put the company at risk, then I would report the incident.

I would focus on my own work as it's likely that I may not have all the facts concerning their work situation. That's why we have our manager to deal with these issues. I would only report it if I believed it would put the company at risk.

I would inform my manager or call the HR anonymous reporting line to inform them of the incident.

these are the correct answers in a corporate environment.
>>
>>1412282
Big 4 is death. Go for a regional firm and then switch to industry after a few years.
>>
>>1412372
Most accountants whom I've met are relatively outgoing. I feel like I'm the only one with less-than-average social skills.
>>
>>1412352
If you go to a target school and show a lot of interest in the firm you are in pretty good shape.
>>
>>1412282
I am a senior manager at a CPA firm.

I interview college students and go to the meet the firms nights.

To answer your question, yes, almost every male candidate has been acting like a fucking autist for the past 5 years. We have only been hiring females because we literally cannot find non-autist male candidate.

So my tips are this:

Buy a nice suit. A Brook Brother suit. Buy a tie that is nice. Get a nice pair of dress shoes.

During the interview process, make eye contact, but done have wide eyes phycho style.

Just be relaxed, carry a conversation.

Remember that we are interviewing for the person that we are going to be spending 10 hours a day with. Be someone we want to spend that kind of time with. Have something in common with the people who are interviewing you or have an entertaining story.
>>
>>1413502
Are interviewers really this shallow over trivial qualities?
>>
>>1413558
It doesn't take a genius to do accounting. They just want to make sure you aren't insufferable.
>>
>>1413558
yea in entry level they are very biased.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.