[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw my retailcuck job is so fucking humiliating >tfw I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

>tfw my retailcuck job is so fucking humiliating
>tfw I was working on mid day and people came in to get lunch food and I literally saw people who I went to university with (doing a computer science degree)
>tfw I am literally smart but lazy (although not lazy lately)
>tfw I only work 18 hours a week but dread every arduous 6 hour shift
>tfw got no graduate job after graduation
>tfw want to quit but not sure whether it would signal my extreme laziness or fierce independence
>>
>>1411585
>smart but lazy
If you were smart you would have a different job desu.
>>
>>1411588

my social skills are not good. i have had shitloads of interviews for great jobs.

whats funny is that my cv wasnt even good. I had zero extracurriculars. my academics are literally what get me interviews
>>
Hard work and grit beats intellect in this world. You should re spec your job class anon.
>>
>>1411585
>>tfw I am literally smart but lazy (although not lazy lately)

Protip: You stop lying to yourself with this. You aren't smart, if you were smart you'd have what wanted from life.
>>
>>1411595
You're just arguing words.
>>
>>1411585
>>tfw I am literally smart but lazy
this meme needs to end
>>
>>1411599
The "I'm smart but lazy" meme is repeated by everyone.

if you're smart you'd be smart enough to figure out how you leverage your intelligence to earn more money than working a job for teenagers and perma losers.

It's just something people tell themselves.
>Y-yeah i'm naturally strong I just choose not to go to the gym because it's for dumb meatheads
>>
>>1411605
When people say "smart", they mean it in the analytical/logical sense. There are plenty of people who are very smart in this way, but lack the ability to properly discipline themselves or make plans for the future.

It's not a meme.
>>
>>1411632
>they mean it in the analytical/logical sense

If they were so smart analytically, couldn't they use their great superior logic to figure out how to get a better job/not be in this position?

it doesn't really much analytical skill to figure out how to get a better job than retail shit
>>
>>1411632
God, you really think this dont you?
If you're really that smart you surely wont be in that situation.
For example, if you're really smart but lazy, you wont have a problem even getting an engineering degree. OP clearly has problems doing so. People like you always underestimate what smart really is.
>>
>arduous 6 hour shift

Well, at least you got the lazy bit right
>>
>>1411638
Of course they can.

But they might not have the emotional drive to follow through. It's a completely different part of the brain.

This is what people mean when they say "smart, but lazy".
>>
>>1411687
How do they know they're smart but lazy?

Seems like an ego thing, how do they know they're not lazy AND dumb? I've never heard someone describe themselves as both lazy and dumb before
>>
>>1411689
All I am arguing is that "smart but lazy" people do exist. And anyone with a CS degree (like OP) can reasonably assume that they are of above average intelligence.
>>
>>1411717
>Smart
>but isn't smart enough to use a very high employment rate degree to get a job

yeah and I'm good at sports but I never play them because i'm lazy
>>
>>1411585
>tfw actually smart and lazy
>tfw all I do is update reports in excel and tableau that others created
>tfw when I'm making $130k base.
>>
>>1411585
>smart but lazy
>struggles with an entry-level job requiring social skills
>frogposting
>>>1411591
>my social skills are not good

Actual Autism
>>
>>1411819
analyst?
>>
>>1411585

Step 1: Use the humiliation as motivation
Step 2: Identify what you're best at
Step 3: Find a job that moves you toward your best, don't just be a barista or whatever
Step 4: Knuckle down now that you have your foot in the door
Step 5: Prove you're smart
Step 6: Underpants
Step 7: South Park meme
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.