[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I wanted to start a religion for money, how would I go about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2015-07-09-04h05m48s11.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-07-09-04h05m48s11.png
2MB, 1920x800px
If I wanted to start a religion for money, how would I go about it?

How do I get tax-exempt status?
>>
yes if youre in the US
>>
>>1410331
why dont you just be a rabbi
>>
>1. Offer people everything they want
>2. Claim to solve all their problems
>3. Make it clear that your shit is the only way to solve all their problems
>4. Pretend not to care about money
>5. Make it a moral imperative to tithe (aka give you free money)
>6. Don't make it required, just create a silent guilt about it.
>7. Get enough followers
>8. Get tax exemption
>9. Get several dedicated disciples who give you a share of their tithe
>10. Form your own mini state
>11. Declare yourself the only true source of holy truth
>12. Have artistic and famous disciples donate work as a moral imperative (to you, of course)
>13. Create a massive vault of these works
>14. Use your influence to strong arm political leaders
>15. Make yourself the undisputed head of commerce and morality
>16. Attract criminals and deviants to positions of power
>17. Have your internal hypocrisy exposed
>18. Watch your empire crumble
>19. Your belief base shrink
>20. Make shitty tv shows about curing people and yelling your religion for donations

that's how i did it anyways
>>
>>1410331

Start a college instead, you'll make more and if you sell it as a Jesuit school you'll kill two birds with one stone.
>>
>>1410331
Wow seriously OP? I mean it's not like religion hasn't been corrupted time and time ago along the ages and has lost all possible meaning. Let's just throw some more gasoline on the fire, what could possibly damage a few drops of gasoline in a wild forest fire?
>>
>>1410384
Did you operate as a business before the tax exemption? If not, how did you fund it?

I doubt there's an ex-prophet on /biz/, but for the sake of an interesting discussion, let's reserve our judgement on that.

>>1410451
I say "for money," but really it's for power, and the goal of power is the ability to use it in non-economic ways. To have such a big surplus that I can use it for ritual or artistic purposes. Materialism becomes idealism if it advances far enough. But I need to make that first step.
>>
>>1410331
Is this picture taken from the Russian movie Leviathan?
>>
>>1412123
It is. I kept waiting for a DIY tank but all I got was existential despair and haunting landscapes.
>>
in order to receive tax exemption, you need at least 3 miracles.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.