[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take for a foreign check to deposit? I received

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: safety_green1.jpg (62KB, 591x219px) Image search: [Google]
safety_green1.jpg
62KB, 591x219px
How long does it take for a foreign check to deposit?

I received a check for nearly $9,900.00 USD from a US bank for some mutual funds that I sold off and I deposited it at my bank here in Germany. The clerk was aware that the check was foreign, USD, and was going into my account which is in EUR. I asked him how long it would be until it's available and he said no more than 6 days. It's now nearly two weeks later and I still haven't received the money or heard word from the bank. I'm about to be either homeless or sucking some dick if I don't get it before the end of the month. I just wanted to ask here before I storm into my bank yelling, "where my money at??" Any idea?
>>
By any chance is your bank Deutche Bank?
>>
>>1408679
N-no

It's Commerzbank
>>
>>1408659
If its your money you have every right to go in that kike bank yelling about your money.
>>
>>1408701
This. You should have already gone after 7 days expired.
>>
>>1408701
But how long should I wait before it's 100% acceptable to yell at those merchant bankers?
>>
>>1408709
Alright so long overdue. I'll head into the bank first thing tomorrow and see what the problem is.

Generally speaking, how long does it usually take for a foreign check to deposit? The bank told me 6 days maximum but a quick check on Google shows that others said it can take anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks which is totally unacceptable.
>>
>>1408710
Beat them up with a birch.
>>
>>1408715
You have been scammed. Foreign checks transferring high amounts of money are generally scams, and the check giver is running away with your money.
>>
>>1409773
Can't be. It was a mutual fund I had with my father and we sold it off. We're American but I live and work in Germany. He mailed me the check after he received and signed it and I deposited it in my account here. I'm just wondering why it's taking so damn long.
>>
>>1411544

Every fucking time I try something that includes the bank I get fucked over with the deadline, it never gets done on time or they just don't do what they are told to do.
>>
>>1408659
I worked as a teller in a US bank. Foreign checks always on hold for 25 business days. I know it's bullshit. I would imagine it's similar in your country unless US is the only place cucked like this
>>
>>1411544
So any news yet? Also next time, don't use checks. Americans are the only ones holding onto them for some reason, regular old bank transfers do just fine nowadays.
>>
>>1408659
Bank has to mail the check to their international department, who forwards it to the US bank, who authorises the money transfer and sends it to your bank, who then gives it to you.

Can be up to 10-16 weeks IIRC - look up your banks foreign check policy
>>
>>1411544
You should have got the check in your dads name (or endorsed it to him) so he could instantly deposit then wire the funds to you... that's how a smart man would get his money in 2 days
>>
>>1408659
Cashed a check once and did not even wait 15 minutes to see it in my account.Feels good desu.
>>
>>1414487
It would be on hold idiot.

Checking in from Cdn bank, foreign cheques take 35 days to clear here.
>>
>>1408659
~1 Month
>>
>>1414531
Depends on the bank and the teller. I worked as a teller, our cheque holding policies were 5 days CAD, 10 USD from CAD account, 15 USD from US account and 20 from a bank outside Canada and US. That's business days as well, so weekends and holidays don't count.
Sometimes if you get a new teller or someone who just doesn't give a shit they won't hold your cheque.

If you're a shady looking motherfucker they will definitely hold it though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.