[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Lanlord thread. > Buy nice house that includes a small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1468762552573.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1468762552573.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
ITT: Lanlord thread.

> Buy nice house that includes a small back-house behind it.
> White middle-class suburban neighborhood, good sign.
> Figure its a good deal for me because the rent from the back-house covers the mortgage, and I can rent the main house out if I want to upsize in a few years.
> No major problems with the place, sell price is well under appraisal value.
> Previous owner already has a tenant in place, says he's a "good boy who always pays his rent" but doesn't have a security deposit.
> Never actually meet the tenant during the selling process.
> Close on house, move in.
> Meet tenant, 40-something black dude who always wears wife beaters and Jordans.
> In the span of 3 months, has asked me numerous times at odd hours for cigs/small sums of money.
> Pays rent in cash, I think he sells drugs.
> Has a live in girlfriend, but always has random fat white girls over when she's gone.
> Is apparently a waiter at Applebee's, but sleeps all day and is in/out all night.

Part of me wants to overlook shit because he's paid his rent on time so far. I've got this feeling that he'll eventually try to underpay me or come up with a bullshit excuse at some point about rent.

This guy's lease is up in January. If everything goes smooth until then, would it be wise to not renew his lease, and find a better tenant? Or is a tenant that pays rent and keeps his place in good shape all I should realistically expect and require?
>>
This isn't /adv/. Only you can answer this highly subjective question.
>>
>>1405503
The guy pays you money what else do you want dummy? A PhD in Theoretical Physics with a model wife who hosts dinner parties? Get real.
>>
>>1405503
>is a tenant that pays rent and keeps his place in good shape all I should realistically expect and require?
yes.
>>
There's a 4plex for sale in my town for $400,000. It seems like I could buy it, rent out the units for $1000 each, and after the mortgage, I'm making about $1500 per month. Is there something I'm missing, or is it that simple?
>>
>>1405509
A PhD is more likely to have steady income than a possible drug dealer. I think the guy's ability to pay rent in the future is an issue here.

It's also in my interest to have a good neighbor, but that's not necessarily a business concern.

>>1405508
Maybe, but I figured /biz/ would be more likely to have a few small-time landlords that have had similar experiences as owner-occupants.
>>
Man it could be much worse. I'd stick with it. Anyone who pays their rent on time monthly is trustworthy in my book as long as they aren't causing serious damage or trouble.

All the roommates I've had I've noticed a pattern in that the ones who always "forget" about the rent have the most shitty habits overall.
>>
>>1405503
Are you on Arizona
>>
>>1405520
Also if you don't see cars coming in and out he has a "trap house".

So he's also paying rent there and is probably the smart drug dealer That's not balling in the Range Rover or the scalds
>>
>>1405517

Not exactly that simple. That $1500 won't be straight profit every month. There'll almost always be some kind of unseen expense. You're also assuming 100% occupancy.

So think of it as $1500 profit as the unlikely best case scenario for each month.

>>1405522

Yeah, I might be overthinking it. I've had no major issues yet, just some red flags.

>>1405522

Indiana

>>1405529

Yeah, he rarely ever has cars or other people coming in. His girlfriend lives with him, but has her own place across town. I'm thinking that's the trap.
>>
>>1405503
>not having a manager do this
>>
>>1405503
>he's paid his rent on time so far.

This is the hardest thing to find as a landlord. Gotta ask yourself if it's worth probably losing this.
>>
>>1405503
>Guy pays rent every month
>thinking about kicking him out

LMAO

ISHYGDDT

Let him stay there you faggot. all you know is that he has lived there since you have bought the place and that he works at applebees.
If he is selling drugs and gets busted then put someone else in there.. Why do people become so emotional when it comes to business?
>>
>Black man pays rent on time in a majority white-middle class neighboorhood.
>OP seriously considers not renewing his lease b/c of racial bias

Talk about discrimination/ gentrification holy shit
>>
File: roofer.png (151KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
roofer.png
151KB, 760x428px
>>1405657
Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, but uh, what are you talking about?

The ending of "Return of the Jedi."

My friend here is trying to convince me that any independent contractors that were working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when they was destroy by The Rebels.

Well I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer, Donald Ready, Home Improvements. And speaking as a roofer, I can tell you a roofer's personal politics comes into play heavily when choosing jobs.

Like when?

Three weeks ago I was offered a job up in the hills, beautiful house, tons of property, a simple re-shingling job. They told me if I could finish it in one day, I would double my price. Then I realized who's house it was.

Who's house was it?

Dominic Bambino's.

Baby Face Bambino? The gangster?

The same! The money was right, but the risk was too high. I knew who he was, and based on that I turned the job over to a friend of mine.

Based on personal politics.

Right! And next week, the Ferezi family put a hit on the Baby Face's house. My friend was shot and killed, didn't even finish re-shingling!

No way!

I'm alive because I knew the risk involved in that particular client. Fred wasn't so lucky. Any contractor working on that Death Star knew the risk involved. If they got killed, it's their own fault.

A roofer listens to this (his heart), not his wallet.
>>
File: my-specialty-is-roofing.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
my-specialty-is-roofing.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>1405692
>>
>>1405670
>doesn't know what gentrification means
>ignores shadiness of tenant
>>
>>1405554

>I'm thinking that's the trap

I want to believe this is a troll. He pays rent every month what is the big deal?
>>
>>1405517
I do think I understand. You want to pay $400,000 for 1500 a month?
>>
>>1405692
So basically what you're saying is that you put your "friend" in a risky situation, resulting in their death.

Also there were very few if any independent contractors working on-site on the Death Star. It was almost entirely slave labour.
Only non-slave/imperials working on the Death Star were the factories around the galaxy producing the materials, but even most of them were taken over by the Imperials by the time Death Star 2.0 came around, as they were trying to get it done in 4 years, despite being 30% bigger than the first one and the first one taking more than 20 years to get to where it was.
>>1405776
I assume that's after making mortgage payments, so it's 1500 a month income on top of that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.