[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SQT: Small questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (5).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Post your stupid/small questions here that don't deserve their own thread.

I'll start, going to college soon, if I want to run a business (computers), is it better to major in CS and then get my MBA, or should I disregard that idea and work for a good bank ?
>>
>>1404445
I'd say CS. I hear bad things about MBAs. I could be wrong, other anons feel free to castrate me if I am.
>>
If I'm trying to invest so I can live off dividends in the future, do I invest in dividend-specific index funds such as VYM and VHYL?

How many index funds are ideal for a portfolio?

If I'm in England, should I still invest in the yank market?
>>
I need to save 1200$ for driving on college money but the problem is I am a big spender.

I there any legit tips to saving money, am I going to have to remove my organic-non GMO diet eventually?
>>
>>1404445
Curious about the MBA too. I want to get a masters in Economics, but I've been told MBA is better.

I'm almost due to take the MBA since they want a few years working experience before considering it.
>>
>>1404674
>If I'm trying to invest so I can live off dividends in the future
Stop. Dividends are stupid for young investors. They're inefficient and bad for your taxes. Don't share your portfolio for your retirement until your retirement. Until then, grow it as much as possible.

>How many index funds are ideal for a portfolio?
The fewest possible to meet your goals while covering the major markets. The fewest would be one (such as a Vanguard Retirement fund, which is actually 4 funds in 1).
>>
Currently in a Community College getting an Associates in Biz Admin, looking to transfer to a 4 year for Finance focus. I'm in the Bay Area, should I take the guaranteed acceptance to SFSU or should I try to apply to a better college?
>>
Send a cheque from my chequing account to my stock broker account and the money is there now but also still in my chequing account. Did they fuck up or do bank websites lag behind in updating? And if they fucked up, do I say anything? Could anything happen to me if it was their mistake?
>>
>>1405389
probably try for something a bit better. What's your HS experience and such look like?
>>
>>1405855
If it's been 3+ days since the check cleared and posted in your broker account, something likely got fucked. Judging by how you spell "check", I can't comment on whether the bank can come after you after a certain time for their money. Here in the States, the bank could come for their money any time. Likely wouldn't penalize you, but would absolutely attempt to collect the face value of the CHECK.
>>
In general if you have a specific skill set, perhaps have qualifications in it, good ones, from very prestigious school. Like conversation stoppingly good. But your local industry is small and saturated, would you try your luck going overseas to a larger industry and perhaps a more difficult barrier to entry, or focus on cracking local industry where as a native you might have a lower barrier to entry but less chance of making it big?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.