[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good company to trust when it comes to stock and such.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: fidelity.png (44KB, 403x100px) Image search: [Google]
fidelity.png
44KB, 403x100px
Is this a good company to trust when it comes to stock and such. I have a Complete lack of knowledge when it comes to these sort of things.
>>
>>1402670
>trust
Trust how?
Like, will they buy McDonald's when you specify you want Tesla stock?
>>
>>1402673
Well yes that, but is their advise solid.

I've been working for starbucks around 3 years now and they give us stock through this company. recently I've been wanting to explore what I can actually do with it. But when I call them they more or less tell me to just keep everything as is.
>>
>>1402670
they'll fuck you with commissions, but they'll probably keep your money safe.
>>
Top notch, but I would only recommend fidelity to people with >$50k to invest, otherwise stick to cheaper alternatives (RH). Lots of their mutual funds (including 4 of the 5 of theirs I own) have balance minimums of $2,500 or (in one case) $10,000. $7.95/trade also kind of sucks but it's no biggie when you're spending real sums of money.

If you mean "trust" like "trust their advisors", I wouldn't know. I do all trading myself.

Also the whole website is green which soothes my primitive caveman brain. That's a big plus.
>>
>>1402693
>is their advise solid
Fidelity will tell you the same damn thing as any other brokerage: Diversify your money by putting it in a retirement date targeted fund (that we control).
As far as advise you on holding or selling, I'm not even sure they'll do that. All that does is leave them on the hook to get yelled at by clients who took the wrong side of a trade.
>>
>>1402784
Ah so more or less just for people who already have the cash and know what they are doing.
>>
>>1402738
>tfw your company 401k is through them and you just want large and mid cap index funds and a little emerging market

I just try to go for the lowest fees I can and choose my own funds. It's free money from my employer so I can't complain but I'm probably just gonna do the minimum through them to max out employer matching and then get my own IRA.
>>
>>1402841
Not necessarily, they also run fully managed accounts. But whether you go it alone or leave it all to them I wouldn't recommend fidelity unless you have a decent amount of cash (like I said before, >$50k).

I can tell you I also have a small Edward Jones account (<$15k, money my grandparents left me). Even though it's a small amount I have a call with my advisor every 6 months that is incredibly pleasant and helpful. We even talked through my fidelity IRA! I get the idea that EJ is more accommodating to smaller accounts if you want them to manage it. There are also Edward Jones offices everywhere. Just food for thought - I'm no authority on the subject.
>>
>>1402693
>Well yes that, but is their advise solid.
Quite honestly, no one's advice in the financial services sector is any good unless you're exceptionally wealthy and, even then, there are a tremendous number of bozos out there.

If you don't know anything about investing, you're best off putting your money into low cost, diversified index funds.

If Fidelity or any financial advisor offers you stock picks, mutual funds, or whatever, pay very close attention to the fees the instruments charge and ask them what kind of commission they are paid for you to take the action that you do.

Also, if you allow someone to advise you, make sure they are a fiduciary to you, which obligates them by law to give you the best financial advice. Non-fiduciaries may tell you to buy a mutual fund that has garbage performance because the advisor gets a very large commission.
>>
>>1402670
Yes, Fidelity, Vanguard, etc. Get a no-load index fund. Their fees are minimal.

When you look at a fund, you want to look at management and brokerage fees + tax implications
>>
>>1402889
>Edward Jones
Stay the fuck away from these people. Their fees are ludicrous.
>>
>>1402670
Yeah they're very reputable.One of my funds is with them.
>>
>>1402968
I should add, you can get a no load through a discount brokerage or direct from the company (or in conjunction with your workplace)

Be sure to also check DRIP fees and if there are additional fees for depositing (you want to DCA)
>>
>>1402976
I can believe that. Maybe they're just nice/cheap to me because I have family members with way more money invested with them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.