[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does somebody have a YouTube channel with ~460K subscribers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Direwolf20.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Direwolf20.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
How does somebody have a YouTube channel with ~460K subscribers and one of the most popular Minecraft mod packs and fails so bad at monetizing it that they still need a full time job?

What would you do if you had the attention of one of the most loyal YouTube audiences on YouTube? Minecrafters make serious money off their little autistic followers Why is he still working?
>>
Maybe he likes working?

I have a channel with 200,000 subscribers and I make approx 2 to 3k£ a month which is alright but its not wealthy by any means

my only source of income is monetizing vids I dont sell tshirts or anything
>>
>>1401797

checked out this guys channel and he gets approx the same views as me.. so he will make approx 80$ a day or something

so yeah if he can work fulltime on top of that then he will make some decent money
>>
>>1401802
your channel's name?
>>
>>1401802

Undoomed ?
>>
File: RealisticGoals.png (815KB, 1232x919px) Image search: [Google]
RealisticGoals.png
815KB, 1232x919px
>>1401797
>>1401802
People probably ask you these questions all the time but I'm gonna anyway.

>How did you build your subscriber base? Do you use any other social networking?
>How many hours a week do you spend actually producing content (both shooting and editing)?
>Do you backlog videos, or are you pumping out so much content that you don't have the time to?
>Did you start off with a specific intention to make money around a certain subject matter or did that evolve over time as you saw what the audiences like?
>Average length of your video?
>>
>>1401810
>>1401822
>>1401961

This is the most gullible board I've ever seen.
>>
>>1401797

Are you a personality or are you just uploading content you make?

>>1402040

>Thinks people aren't making money on YT.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>1402974
This, the top dogs are millionaires.
>>
Dude what cam and mic do you use? I'm extremely bitter and have loads of free time so I thought about doing one about things I hate. I mean what's cheap and good? How do you monetize YouTube anyway? Their ads seem piss poor and I can't imagine anyone donates money on patron or whatever
>>
>>1403029
Different anon, I'm starting off so I can't say much but basically my Blue Yeti mic is decent quality, but if you're trying to become a voice actor or singer then it probably isn't going to cut it. I don't have a camera yet either so I'm still looking.

Basically monitize any way you can with popularity. Put on ads. Start a Patreon; if you're likeable enough somep people will donate, but obviously likeabiloty is going to depend on your demographic. If you become recognizable enough, sell t shirts and other merchandise. Collab with other channels to get more viewers. Do some sponsored content if you want, I remember a while ago every YouTuber had a deal with Audible at the beginning or end of their video where you put in a code specific to the YouTuber to get a discount. They probably got money just for mentioning the service on their video plus whatever commission they get from the sales with their codes.

I'm sure there's more stuff, just look for some good guides online out there.
>>
>>1403029
>>1403061
Also, the Blue Snowball is cheaper but some YouTubers use it.
>>
>>1403061

Are you doing personality shit or are you producing content some other way?
>>
>>1403184
Haven't started on videos yet. I'm thinking of following YouTube drama and just parodying whatever side looks more retarded to me. The key, I'm thinking, is to make it relevant to what's trendy on YouTube at the moment. There was this one guy who was perfect to parody but I think I missed the window because no one really cares anymore. I'm talking about that anime guy who took his shirt off and got really butthurt at one of Filthy Frank's videos. I'm just going to keep watching and see if there's a trend I can latch onto and make a video about.
>>
Hey, quick question about YouTube actually. If I use a 5 second clip of SpongeBob and monetize the video, will they take it down? That's not going to be the whole video, of course.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.