[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I recently started working again I really, really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1452637377868.jpg (69KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452637377868.jpg
69KB, 720x960px
Hey /biz/, I recently started working again
I really, really don't like it.

I guess you get "how do I get rich with no skills nor assets and also I live with my mom" threads everyday, so I'll try to be specific.

I'm making decent, even good money, compared to the average in my nation.
Once I have saved a considerable amount of money, how do I invest this money, in a way in which I can live off profits?

My goal is to not work, but to move completely to trading, and to grow the initial amount I have earned. I understand this might take time and a very considerable amount of money.
Is this even possible?
What markets should I look into?

I have little formal education but can easily do all analytic tasks, I can program, good logic and math skills.
I am capable and am not an idiot, but I would like to make sure that I don't have to work 9-5 before going to uni, or I will fall into the eternal debt void.

I am NOT looking for spoonfeeding, just simple advice regarding my financial future.
Please help.
>>
Before the coin whores and 'go kill yourself threads start' what country do you live in?
>>
>>1400697
If I'll disclose this I'll probably get worse responses.
Why? Isn't the market global?
In the sense that it's pretty much the same trade no matter where I live, isn't it?
>>
>>1400693
Read the book Random Walk Down Wallstreet
>>
>>1400702
Thank you for your advice, I will.
>>
Basically look up the definition of expense ratio...
Go to bogleheads.org for real investing advice.
>>
>>1400701
do you think it would be the same if you lived in turkey? or india?
>>
>>1400718
If you have the assets an internet connection and a phone line, I don't see how it would be different from any other part of the world, with the exception of proper 3rd world countries.
But hey, I'm not asking for advice because I know everything about this.
What I do know is that my nation is very stable financially and that many people here are in this trade, so it's far from impossible.
>>1400716
Thank you for your advice and I bookmarked the site, it looks very promising.
>>
>>1400701
>Isn't the market global?
Sure, in some ways.
But to a large extent, you're a prisoner to the availability of services in your region, which is directly connected to their profitability.
Also, the legal framework for trading and fee structure vary widely from place to place.
Add taxes to that and yeah, it matters a lot where you are.
>>
>>1400739
Alright, let's demolish this thread.
I am an Israeli citizen.
Not a Jew nor an Arab, so please be kind.
>>
>>1400746
Yeah, uh, if anyone still would like to reply, I'd greatly appreciate every bit of advice.
See you in the morning /biz/
>>
>>1400746
The point is, you may be asking the wrong people.
Even the serious traders on here (of which there are very few) probably don't know dick about the particulars where you are.
Maybe there's only a couple brokerages and one rapes you?
Maybe tax structure makes certain forms of trading impossible (like the UK)?
Seeing as most of this board is made up of burgers, they would know most about US law/structure.
>>
>>1400766
So I'd like to know the things that are mutual to every market in the western(ish) world.
The basics dos and don'ts to avoid losing all my money and to avoid not making any money at all. Links, books, whatever.

For instance, I know already to avoid binary options, because I have heard very bad experiences from people who were involved in them, and that I will most probably get ripped off by my trader.
I know that they are dangerous but I do not know to what extent, and if money could be made off them with little risk, if done correctly.

I already know the basics of forex(with the pips and whatnot), but again, I simply do not know if it is an efficient way to invest.
Should I go for currency trading or stocks? What is even the practical difference?

You got the point. I'd love to have options laid before me and if something is impossible in Israel, I'll just move on to the next thing on the list.
>>
>>1400693
>asks 4chin for advice
>"i'm not an idiot"
>>
>>1400795
>Making sure that advice has a basis in reality is impossible with an internet connection
I can meme arrow you all day kid
>>
>>1400801
>>1400801
>have fun newb
>>
>>1400775
>things that are mutual to every market in the western(ish) world
That's the point. Unless you're talking about ridiculously basic stuff like "prices can go up, down, or sideways", or "buy the rumor, sell the news" it really varies. Also, much of the market is subjective; one person's strategy is another's waste of time.

>binary options, forex
One of these doesn't even have to be connected to the market, the other uses incredibly high leverage. Hardly basic stuff, compared to equity investing.

>I'd love to have options laid before me
Sorry, there are too many, and everyone will disagree about their suitability.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.