[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My employer is front loading pay so it starts higher and progresses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (9KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9KB, 100x100px
My employer is front loading pay so it starts higher and progresses slower to the same point.
This seems good because money earned now will have more value to me (putting down a deposit etc) and be less affected by inflation than money promised later.
However, am I better off saving a significant chunk now and putting life on hold to some degree and investing or spending what I earn now and enjoying it? What will be best in the long run?
>>
smoke some weed and think about life that always helps me
>>
File: savingsrate2.jpg (21KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
savingsrate2.jpg
21KB, 500x366px
It depends on your long-term goals. If you're okay with working for the next 40 years, then investing 10-15% and spending the rest is alright. If you want to retire early with a modest lifestyle, then the more you save now the better.
Also, it's always nice to develop a lifestyle which makes you happy and doesn't cost money, that way you can have your cake and eat it too.

>pic related
If you save 50% of your salary, you can retire in 10 years. This is regardless of your income.
>>
>>1398672
Your own picture disagrees with your post. The crossover point for 10 years is 65%, not 50%. 50% crosses at closer to 18 years instead.
>>
>>1398686
Haha, yeah, totally messed this up.
>>
>>1398689
Interesting pic nonetheless, I hadn't seen that before and it could make for good rules of thumb as long as the math works out.
>>
>>1398694
It's probably based on the long term 4% real return from investments as per the trinity study. Given that, you require the sum of 25x your yearly expenses to be able to withdraw 4% every year indefinitely without diminishing your capital.
I believe it has had a >90% success ratio over all possible scenarios in the past.
If you reduce the 4% requirement, the success ratio increases dramatically. And given the fact that you can always find some part time work if the markets turn for the worse, you should definitely be able to sustain this long term.

I myself calculate about 75% savings rate. Planning to be permanently free in about 6 years.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.