[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a non-American visiting this store for the first time I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 110325-target_story.jpg (180KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
110325-target_story.jpg
180KB, 1000x666px
As a non-American visiting this store for the first time I was quite impressed.

It's got a much better vibe than Walmart (you've never heard of 'People of Target').

They're also highly meme-aware (there were some 9gag-tier shirts).

Invest?
>>
Fuck no. Used to work there. Management is childish. Do you know why they failed to pop in Canada? They didn't both to figure out how to get inventory to the stores effectively prior to having them open. And they always implement new technologies later than their competition. The ONLY thing that sets them apart is their app.
>>
>>1395404
They have their market niche. However, they tend to make poor decisions at the executive management level (Target Canada, hiding their major data breach), and their overall business model is getting eaten up more and more by Amazon, which offers the same types of products as Target and Wal Mart.

Honestly, I don't live investing in the retail space at all; I don't know enough about it to know what will grow and what won't. I simply know as much as I do about Target because I live and work within a 2-minute walk of its HQ, and I have friends/co-workers who used to work there.
>>
>>1395404
Target is doomed.

Their pricing on a lot of merchandise isn't competitive. They sell just as much cheap crap as Wal-Mart (And in their clothing and accessories sell even crappier products) and their entire demographic is slowly going away (Solidly Middle Class White Mothers). This is not even counting the "brilliant" ways they have decided to intervene in culture war issues over the years, and the disastrous placing of their retail locations.

I would be very surprised if they are still around in 20 years.
>>
>>1395536
This

I liked visiting Target as a kid, but they always seemed to have less than Walmart, selection-wise.

Nowadays, I can't see any reason why this company will see any more growth.

Take into account that they have had to intervene in those "culture war issues" in a desperate attempt to get attention and get people thinking about Target again. That alone should tell you all you need to know about this company and the direction it's heading.
>>
>>1395543
is the virtue signalling a good tell for a bad omen?
>>
>>1395536

target's online stuff is a total shitshow, too - they are still years behind.

target does sell decent towels for a good price.
>>
>>1395543
>Take into account that they have had to intervene in those "culture war issues" in a desperate attempt to get attention and get people thinking about Target again. That alone should tell you all you need to know about this company and the direction it's heading.
The way you have wrote that makes me think you don't know how far back this all goes.

At one point, Target was the Midwest's store. It was white, normal and basically Wal-Mart with a red livery. This started changing in the middle of the 1980's when the first soccer moms started to materialize and influence American Life.

In 1986 they stopped carrying Gun and Ammo because of the requirements of the 1986 FOPA and a general anti-gun trend in the midwest. Around the same time they pulled "realistic" toy guns from the shelves as well.

In 1996 Target stopped selling cigarettes because of... Well you read. http://articles.latimes.com/1996-08-29/news/mn-38663_1_cigarette-sales

In 2002, after Bowling for Columbine came out they changed a lot of their video game policies and stopped selling M-Rated games to kids because of pressure from mothers groups.

In 2010 they stopped selling farmed salmon and went to all wild caught Alaskan salmon for no reason.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/target-eliminates-farmed-salmon-from-all-target-stores-82677657.html

They went back to acid washed jeans from sand blasted jeans for no fucking reason in 2012.
https://corporate.target.com/article/2012/08/the-skinny-on-jeans-saying-goodbye-to-sandblasting

In 2014 they decided Open Carry was causing too many vaginations in their customers.
https://corporate.target.com/article/2014/07/target-addresses-firearms-in-storesw

Now we have this disastrous bathroom policy statement in this current year.

Target has a very bad habit of listening to their primary customers when they have start crying and mooing about whatever the hell got in their cooch. Sometimes, they get involved when nobody is complaining at all!
>>
>>1395608
I'm going to ask everyone who reads this thread.

Why would you invest in a company that decides on a virtual whim that it needs to inject itself into controversies, when that could be potentially disastrous for profitability?
>>
>>1395536
>>1395543
>>1395608
>>1395612
Wow, this is /pol/ tier faggotry and samefagging. Please gtfo our board.
>>
>>1395694
the bathroom non-troversery made them lose 1 billion in stock, SJWism is bad business.
>>
>>1395697
>made them lose 1 billion in stock
Oh really? Where'd that stock disappear to?

>fucking moron
>>
target doesn't sell anything of value

it's a place for bored housewives to buy decorated tissue box covers
>>
>>1395586
>virtue signalling
TRIGGERED
Pls they told the tranny fags to fuck off. If you want your retailer EPS spent on extra unnecessary bathrooms, invest in trader Joe's.
fag lol
>>
>>1395837
I'm using to find companies to AVOID. anything infiltrated by progressiveness can be absent in market-sense
>>
>>1395612
Hey what happened to Chic filet, smart guy? Queens tried to boycott bc CEO said something negative about gay marriage. Then lots of sane people said hey he just stated his opinion when asked, fuck off. Chic filet ended up ahead from the queer boycott AND bonus no fags in their restaurants for a while. win-win
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.