[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, This is my final year of high school, and I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 287x176px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 287x176px
Hey /biz/,

This is my final year of high school, and I want to go into business, but as dumb as it sounds I have a lot of decisions right now. Is college worth it for one who wants to start a successful businessman? I strongly considered majoring in economics, but I'm still on the fence. I have some connections as a result of networking to some wallstreet folk, but I hardly believe that will get me on wallstreet.

My end goal is to have a lot of money so that I can donate to organizations that I support.

Thank you
>>
>>1390101
You should take some basic accounting courses. If you want to start a business it is best to do it as young as possible. You have less to lose and a lot to gain.
>>
>>1390101

I have one year left on college and I'm leaning towards thinking its not worth, especially if you want to be an entrepreneur. The state of academia in the US is honestly horrendous. The quality of schooling has declined massively the past two decades along with rising costs and market oversaturation of many degrees. Many schools today are content with being degree mills with the administration picking fat checks.

I genuinely believe that experience and a portfolio of quality work is going to be more important than degrees for our generation. If you want a decent econ degree that's going to cost you about 60k in tuition alone. That's 60k you could be putting towards your start up or investing.

Business school will give you a huge leg up in the corporate world. IMO the corporate world is depressing rat race right now and business majors can be douchy.

Still learn econ though. I learned it independently and I think it's been extremely valuable. You learn to look at markets in a different way than the purely business folks. Business school will teach you how to navigate the business world, but econ teaches you to very fundamentally understand why business exists in the first place.

That's just my 2c
>>
>>1390227

To be clear I'm not recommending business school, just giving some thoughts on it since you want to do business.

If I were you I'd try to get an entry level job in whatever industry you want to start a business in. Work fucking hard and learn everything about it. Study econ on the side. Maybe learn some basic programming and how to throw together a simple website. In a couple years you might be in a great position for entrepreneurship.

Live in a college town with your college-enrolled friends if you can though. Networking in college is HUGE for any career and you won't want to be left out of the loop. Plus college is fun as shit. Party it up a bit so you don't have a midlife crisis right when your business is taking off and you have no time left to be young
>>
>>1390256
Terrible advice, there is no way you actually did this. Reasons to go to college: 1) women like men who went to college. This allows you to get laid, gain self esteem, and if you play your cards right marry up socioeconomicly. 2) you are young, stupid, and probably don't realize it. You're going to make mistakes and college is like a sandbox environment where those mistakes are less likely to destroy your future. 3) over the course of your life, it's not really that expensive. Experiences are better than money, and IF you take advantage of it, college will get you better experiences than wage-slaving and dreaming about business
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.