[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a website where I post a lot of my short stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Wait wut.gif (285KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
Wait wut.gif
285KB, 350x197px
I want to make a website where I post a lot of my short stories for the public to read. They will be able to criticize and comment at will. Everything posted by me will be fiction.

I'll have a free account sign up in a forum area where people can post their own content, as well.

The goal is to make SOME profit from this, at least enough to pay for the site's maintenance. A goal is to grow it into something else.

How realistic is it to make money from this kind of thing? How much would I expect to make? I understand this will have to do with the amount of traffic, but I've never dealt with advertising on websites before and don't know how it works. I also would assume the traffic would be fairly low to start, but hopefully build with developing interest in both my content and other peoples' content posted.

Advice? Experience in the matter?

>pic unrelated
>>
OP, this sounds like STEEMIT or LBRY.
>>
>>1389873
Maybe it is a bit like LBRY, but the goal isn't to really make money off the content itself, just have a place for people to become more common for creative critique and personal posting of creative content.

That is where I have a hard time figuring out how to make money because I want people to freely post and be open about their content, while still owning it and getting criticism to support their future writings.

I actually got the idea after listening to some actor a few years ago talk about creative ownership and marketing it to Hollywood. Although the goal isn't to get recognized by Hollywood (or maybe I should revise my end goal to have potential here?), getting your work to the public is still essentially the same. I think of my concept more like practice than professional with an emphasis on communal input.

Ideally, I'd like this to be bigger than tubmlr or any blogspot post where people just dump walls of text.

But again, I have no idea how to make money off of this.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.