[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me what "Financial Aid" really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: faaa.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
faaa.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Can someone explain to me what "Financial Aid" really is? The technical college I want to go to said Financial aid and grants pay for most of the school there. But my mom told me that financial aid is a loan you pay back, and she makes too much money for me to qualify. Is there truth to this? I dont want to pay the 6k for the schooling
>>
>>1384081
Financial Aid is a mixture of loans and grants. Mostly loans though
>>
You fill out a free form called FAFSA. If you are under 24, you are a dependent, and so you need to fill out your parent's income information. Once you are done, you get a number called the Expected Family Contribution(EFC). This goes to your school. The school uses this information to give you financial aid.

Financial aid comes in several forms. Financial aid from the government comes in both grants and loans. The name of the grants are the PELL grant and SEOG. There are several loans from the government. Each college can also offer their own grants and loans. For the matter, there's no reason not to apply for financial aid. You can also turn down your grants and loans, or even selectively. I accepted my student grants, but I turned down my student loans.
>>
>>1384153
I am 22 and my mom makes to much money so I shouldn't even bother right because she makes too much? And isn't it tons of paperwork that will poss her off?
>>
>>1384171
Damn, that sucks.

You can still apply for scholarships though
>>
>>1384175
Hopefully
>>
>>1384171
The FAFSA isnt that hard to fill out. It's all done online and I've done it by myself. You will need your parents tax return information though. There's like no paperwork. Some schools have their own financial aid form though.

What I'm trying to say though is just try because at least it's definite at that point afterwards what kind of financial aid you will get.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.