[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to start making money in cyber security industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: CyberSecurity.jpg (132KB, 1728x800px) Image search: [Google]
CyberSecurity.jpg
132KB, 1728x800px
I would like to start making money in cyber security industry on my own name (freelancing / my own business). Currently, I work for big international company (~100k people) as a penetration tester, but I would like to work for myself.
I have skills (and proveable experience) in the field, so I would like to do something like ethical hacking contracts and such services.
My question is, how do I get contacts? How do I prove people that they need me, and should pay me to test their networks? It's not like I can "hack in" out of blue and then tell them that their network is not secure.
>>
>>1384061
bump, since I am completely out of ideas
>>
>>1384061
My idea was to do tests for free, and companies would pay me only if I would be able to breach them. But that doesn't resolves my problem - lack of contact in such companies.
>>
Bug bounties
>>
>>1384061
>penetration tester
sounds like my kind of industry

in all seriousness, you gotta start at the bottom. Just put together a website and portfolio of your work in the industry and advertise yourself to companies and whatnot.

Honestly, Fiverr may even open doors for you
>>
>>1384061
op why don't you go blackhat? just a curious question.
>>
>>1384749
>Why don't you do illegal things and live a life of crime

Good question, really smart
>>
>>1384061
Give the client high level findings for free; sell remediation coupled with the results as follow on; settle for selling just the detailed results and interpretation thereof and industry comparison if asked; name drop relevant regulations to the perspective; speak confidently
>>
Ok, so what is the first step in Pen Testing?
Recon......

Use the skills you have developed to recon a company to identify senior directors and IT managers.

You will have to make contact with them and 'sell' them. This can be achieved by phone or email.

I have an MSc in Comp Sec and just started the CEH course. I want to start a company myself and have a few reasonable ideas to explore. But i'm fully aware that i will have to get on the phone at some point and make things happen.

If you see this OP, I don't know where you are in the world, but i'm always looking to make new contacts in the industry. A web pen test for example can be done from anywhere.

If you see this message and want to connect, post up an email address and i will contact you.
>>
>>1384061
Freelance cyber security means you give up the secrets of the company network protocols to the highest bidder. Plus you'll make more money either as a blackhat or grey. Banks and I mean big banks have been extorted of tens of millions of dollars through hacks by blackhats.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.