[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put $5000 on Netflix It goes up 10 percent >I only made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Put $5000 on Netflix
It goes up 10 percent
>I only made $500
>wish I had more to invest

Put $50000 on Netflix
It goes up 10 percent
>I only made $5000

Put $500000 on Netflix
It goes up 10 percent
>I only made $50000

Does this ever end? Do we always feel poor?
>>
>>1379885
>betting half million on a single company

If you still feel poor then fuck you
>>
It's different for everyone.
>>
>>1379890
I'm only at the $5000 level, I'm just curious if it always feels this way. My stock went up 15 percent but it still feels like I'm making nothing.
>>
>Put $500000 on Netflix

I feel like this is how you become poor.
>>
>>1379906
500 is nothing, I make that much in a day
>>
>>1379922
I bought 60 shares at $85.15. I wish I had the money to buy more at the time.
>>
>>1379931
What? Being a wage slave.
>>
>>1379934
Yup, just graduated and this is my first job. I know being 21 means I can take on more risk but I'd rather just play it safe with vanguard and retire and 30
>>
>>1379932

Maybe we should just make this into a Netflix thread. Do you think Netflix is still a good buy now? What are your general thoughts? I was more thinking about putting all of your eggs in one basket.
>>
>>1379953
Too late now. The opportunity to buy netflix came when everyone was panicking from brexit. Monday at the close is their earnings report. If you want in you better hope for a bad report.
>>
>>1379959

Brexit was the time to just buy everything.
>>
it never ends

that's why faggots who are salaried 250k still feel like it's not enough to support a family on
>>
>>1379967
That's not true. If you bought everything, like an index fund, you would have only made 1/3 the money as netflix.
>>
>>1379968
That's what I thought and feared, but raising a family and increasing living standards is not what I was thinking.
>>
>>1379885

It's just math.
Whether you're investing in securities or investing by starting/spending money on your own business, you need a lot of money to make a lot of money.
There's a Richard Branson quote, I forget the exact wording so I will paraphrase: "How do you make a million dollars in the airline business? Spend a billion dollars starting an airline."
There's a reason that volatility is such a huge factor for investments. Making a lot of money in a short amount of time legally typically involves a lot of risk.
>>
>>1379885
Don't get investing twisted OP. Its got a few forms and each is far more risky but also more profitable. For 90% of people it should just be thought of as a interesting enjoyable way to enhance ones lifestyle and perhaps retire in LONG LONG term investments.

You made 500 in say a month, if that is money you didn't need then you augmented your monthly salary by possibly as much as 25%. That is huge, its like getting a slave kid to mow lawns for you and he just gives you his entire allowance for nothing.

Lets say you made 500 a week doing smart, risky but solid swing trades that you bought on Mon. sold on Fri. Also you get 3 out of 4. Its high risk because you could lose 3 out of 4 then be very poor.

2000 now you doubled your salary but you a) needed to spend Sunday 4-8 researching stocks and you may not get too if you have kids which might fuck with you.

Then there is the guy who trades like a madman on 50000. He makes 2000 a day. Or if you like imagine you can day trade for less and every day you get 500.

Now your salary goes from whatever it is now to 100K a year after taxes.

TL;DR You shouldn't feel poor if you don't already feel poor but investing isn't to get rich its to increase existant wealth responsibly OR it is to get rich but you need to be extremely lucky AND good at seeing patterns and breakouts i.e. being a professional day trader.
>>
File: wallpaper_sankic.png (423KB, 1057x611px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_sankic.png
423KB, 1057x611px
>>1379885
Investing isn't about making a quick buck, it's about making profits long term. 10% increase is fucking great. Day traders are just gamblers, real finance is choosing the right stocks for 7+ years!
>>
>>1379885
Holy shit will you ever stop posting about your netflix gains? For fucks sake
>>
>>1381456
Not until I sell. No one cared when I talked about Exxon Mobile.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.