[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is YouTube still possible to get a following and income or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (79KB, 366x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 366x549px
Is YouTube still possible to get a following and income or is it a bubble ? I'm thinking of doing a YouTube made to teach first graders stuff about math and science but make it Tim and Eric ish for adults to like it too. Does it sound like a good idea?
>>
Too much adblocks out there OP. Better record, give some samples and sell with PayPal/Patreon
>>
>>1379220
It can be a good idea, it just depends on what you're looking to get out of it. As >>1379279 said there are too many adblocks out there to make a good enough income off of ads alone. You would either need sponsor ads throughout the video or at the end, considering its educational, I dont really know the market of sponsors and such so the availability you have is unknown to me. Best bet would be >>1379279 idea with paypal/patreon. A good example of this would be the youtube channel, captain disillusion. He makes education video debunking videos, very high quality, and overall just a great guy but he is underappreciated. however, he has a patreon which I believe a good amount of people support him on.

So all in all, go ahead and try it, there should not be any harm in trying. Dont get your hopes up, but you might be able to make a bit of cash on the side.
>>
Not really since all big youtube channels have a studio and what not. If you don't plan to put money beforehand, don't expect to get anything back.
Also entertainment channels are more trendy than educational. Sad, but it's the truth.
>>
It's a learning experience, which is infinitely valuable. You'd be a fool to talk yourself out of it unless you're strapped for cash and were hoping it would be easy money, which it won't be.
>>
>>1379220
try r9k idiot faggot
>>
>>1379787

Went for the first time on r9k today, holy fuck, how can you think these guys could help you with anything. Worst autists I have seen on 4chan so far, not a single thread seems to be worthwile, only menchild complaining about normies and.... well no, actually that's about it
>>
>>1379220
I've made a total of $100 from youtube, I have 100 videos up and ive been doing it since 2013
>>
Youtube isn't an endgame anymore. Use it to get popularity/leverage into a real world position. Definitely do it as if whatever you are doing currently as main income doesn't work out, you look passionate and hard working. If I am wrong about you not making money, well that is a win for you too.
>>
It's a lot of hard work and dedication.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.