[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let say only 1-3 people found out how to generate btc using multiple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1457868992097.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1457868992097.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
let say only 1-3 people found out how to generate btc using multiple "bugs", what would happen to the btc market price? btc market cap is v.big.
>>
>>1379004
People already "generate" btc dumbass. How do you think it's made?
>>
>>1379004
When you say "bugs" you mean, a few guys discovered how to collide sha256?

Well, the difficulty would rise accordingly. The network maintains that 2016 blocks will be discovered every 2 weeks. So if you mine 10 blocks, then the miners will fight for the remaining 2006 blocks over the 2-week period.

The more blocks you mine, the more money you'd make. However, if you mine more than 50% of the blocks there will be trouble, because the human consensus will become emotional and the price of bitcoin would likely destabalize.

So if you can collide sha256, then do it sparingly. Just take a handful of blocks. Like 1 or two per day. It's still a ton of money, and no one would ever know.

Now, if you mean to steal bitcoin using a bug of some sort, then you can take it from a dormant address. Look way back in the blockchain for old addresses with thousands of bitcoin. There have been men who've lost millions of dollars because they lost their HDD's, so just take their bitcoin. It'll never get touched anyway, so most likely no one will notice.... unless you steal from, say, Satoshi.
>>
If you were able to defeat SHA algorithms you could pretty much rule the world with an iron fist and extort anyone. Why would you waste it trying to fuck with shitcoins? (BTC fanboy here.)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.