[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any advice for selling products to retail stores? I make a product

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ring.jpg (5KB, 256x170px) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
5KB, 256x170px
any advice for selling products to retail stores?

I make a product myself and sell it face to face and online, and I've done reasonably well

what kind of prices should I expect from a store, and what kind of questions/figures should I anticipate?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>1378479
You may have to be able to produce a specific amount of said product, you may have to sell it slightly cheaper but have gauranteed purchases, you may have to conform to safety standards or company standards, alot depends on the specific companies you are looking to sell/vendor to. The companies you try and sell to will be able to tell you better then anyone here.
>>
>>1378499
that's really helpful, will I have to guarentee a minimum nubmer of products for them even if they don't buy them all eg. have a stockpile

I know they would be able to tell me, but I'm worried they would take advantage of my inexperiance
>>
Whats your product OP?

I'm just curious. If its a secret ya don't need to say.
>>
>>1378505
If it isnt a discount chain, very likely. I would go talk to them, and to prevent them from taking advantage of you, tell them you will need to think about "Their terms" or "Their requirements" or whatever the fuck. Dont be scared. If what they say/show you doesnt sound like you like it, tell them you will think about it. If you never try something new, you never go anywhere.
>>
>>1378510
I make custom jewlery, I've made a thread or two before asking about little bits and pieces

>>1378517
I wish someone told me in school that I never had to make up my mind on the spot, would have saved me a lot of grief
>>
>>1378479
I'm in a similar spot. As I understand it, our wholesale prices should alow the retailers to at least double their money, without going over what you typically charge selling manufacturer direct (MSRP).

Jewelry may be one of those high markup businesses, however. I build furniture, and because it's generally a high overhead business, most retailers want to be able to triple/quadruple wholesale prices without meeting consumer resistance.

I actually worked in furniture retail before starting on my own, so I had access to some of the industry information; still, I'm sure there must be publications out there specific to your industry that break down the standard markups and volume expectations.

Wish I could provide more specific info, bro. Good luck and bump!
>>
>>1378763
the possition I'm in I retail myself at market value, not warehouse door.

so I would be selling to a store for half what I would make selling myself
then on top of that I'd risk undercutting my own retail operation

guess I'd have to start making a serious number of units before letting someone else sell my stuff was worthwhile
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.