[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/, I'm a Physics undergrad going into my second year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1444478331326.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444478331326.gif
1MB, 392x400px
Hi /biz/, I'm a Physics undergrad going into my second year of my 4 year course, and would like to join one of the big investment companies (Deloitte, Goldman Sachs etc) next Summer as an analyst intern. I'm at one of the best universities in the UK, and am just wondering what does /biz/ think would be good to do in preparation for these internships? They're targeted at undergrads, but I was just wondering what sort of experience they'd be looking for, or how to make my application stand out.
Thanks /biz/
>>
File: 1463596378667.jpg (279KB, 1220x846px) Image search: [Google]
1463596378667.jpg
279KB, 1220x846px
>>1376583
>how to make my application stand out.
Draw a giant pink dick on it
>>
File: 1468333112997.jpg (10KB, 304x95px) Image search: [Google]
1468333112997.jpg
10KB, 304x95px
>>1376602
OMG DUDE. the fuck kinda shit are you looking up?
>>
>>1376583
Deloitte =/= Goldman Sachs, not the same industry, some overlap bt massively different organizations. One is a consulting firm (profesional services provider) and the other one is an investment bank. If you don't even know what they do, do you think they will accept you? Getting into Deloitte is much easier than getting into GS. What area are you interested in? "Analyst intern" isn't a thing, if you aren't sure of what you want they'll reject you. They can easily tell if you only want to be in IB because of the money but have no idea of what the job entails (of course everyone there is in for the money but you shouldn't be obvious about it). Since you want an internship it is slightly easier, but not that much, you need to have a good academic record plus a good amount of extracurricular activities that show that you are a leader and a team player at the same time (student committees, sports, finance club, investment club and maybe even something like theater).
Good luck.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/05/goldman-sachs-attracts-250000-student-job-applications.html
http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/169629/six-signs-will-rejected-apply-job-goldman-sachs-overcome
>>
>>1376624
Also apart from what I listed you need to prove that you are an interesting person, that you can understand and solve highly complex problems rapidly, that you can handle a high workload without getting burned out and you need to be likeable (or at least fake it). You are competing against tens of thousands of Asians that have been tailoring their CV and their personalities for their whole life in order to get the job you want, what makes you stand out? If you are from Oxford or Cambridge you have a huge advantage as they tend to favour "elite" schools, but that isn't enough.
>>
>>1376583
>I'm a Physics undergrad going into my second year of my 4 year course
what do you think about eco cooler?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSbZWNk84F4
looks like a load of crap to me but i only know basic physics...
my thoughts are commpression does not cool shit it makes shit hot, plastic is a bad conductor of heat so not much loss, also the compression hardly happens at wind-speeds on earth surface at all all you do is decrease your window size.
>>
>>1377506
I don't know too much about it (I've only just completed first year), but I think it's just meant to speed up the air so that it simulates wind, which cools you only because the air near your skin is refreshed. It's not completely stupid I guess, but the air would need to be moving into the house in the first place, and I don't think the air around there moves too much anyways. I understand your skepticism
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.