[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bookkeeping still a viable career in the short term? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1466917290660.jpg (41KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466917290660.jpg
41KB, 528x960px
Is bookkeeping still a viable career in the short term? I'm starting a bachelors in accounting and wondering if I would be able to start a small bookkeeping business to pay for it rather than continuing to deliver pizzas. I hate my current job and the fact that I'm not developing any relevant skills through it.

What's the best way to determine the demand for bookkeeping services in my area?
>>
Read Amazon's founder biography
>>
>>1375400
How will that answer my question?
>>
I don't think it is because the small companies that need the service don't want to pay for it or they hire someone for $12 an hour.
>>
I'm currently doing a bachelor in tax law, 60% already dropped out, that's how boring it is.
>>
File: 1380797638481.jpg (263KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
1380797638481.jpg
263KB, 500x337px
>>1375229
Yeah it's definitely worth it. You can get very good money as an accountant, plus accountancy is the language of business therefore it's very useful to learn if you are interested in investing as you will be able to understand the performance of companies you are looking to invest in.

I don't know exactly where you are but here in the UK you would have to do a degree and then finish a qualification with the ACCA, CIMA or ACA which would make you a chartered accountant, although the accountancy/finance degree would give you a lot of exemptions from the course. I work in the Finance department of an insurance company and a lot of the accountants here got started that way and most are on £40000+ some on over double that in their early thirties.
>>
>>1375229
>career
>short term
>>
>>1375483
bachelor in tax law? sounds interesting, what kind of courses do you have to take?
>>
>>1375630
Business Taxation
Business Taxation and Decision-Making Processes
Corporate Tax Structures
International Business Law I
Value Added Tax in Cross-Border Situations
>>
>>1375229
holy shit do you live in philadelphia, or do these guys exist in every city?
>>
File: 1468090866367.jpg (176KB, 2040x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1468090866367.jpg
176KB, 2040x1386px
Will you have the sales skill to acquire clients?

That is the hard part. If you can, great and then 20 years later pic related
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.