[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is biggest demand as far as programming skills go? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 600_poor-homer-87711.jpg (39KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
600_poor-homer-87711.jpg
39KB, 600x420px
What is biggest demand as far as programming skills go? I have database management experience but I eventually want to branch out and do my own contracting. Is there a future here?
>>
>>1373589
Biggest demand is currently in web application development, and that is being filled by Pajeets and their shoddy code. There may not be much demand here until the bubble pops and major corporations realize high cost of cheap labor.
>>
>>1373594
There's also some demand in the gaming industry, if you dare to tread into those waters.
>>
>>1373594

Thanks. I'll probably stay away from games but I'll look into it. I always here people bitching about the Indians and they always say they do a shitty job. Is there no quality control?
>>
>>1373589

Do mean individual languages or are you talking about the general fields?

As far as languages go, the more you know the better. Don't think you're just going to learn python and then get 60k/yr. Learn as many as possible.

As far as fields go, the above guy is correct.

Poojets don't really dominate it that bad. Lots of companies are realizing that it's better to hire a handful of quality programmers than it is to sub it out to an army of poojets and then inevitably have to call in the quality programmer anyway to fix the shitty code.
>>
>>1373598
There is quality control, but most inspectors know to keep the standards low. They can't keep turning away a product, so they usually just ship what they got, even if it is riddled with bugs and inefficiency. They reason, "Oh, we can just patch those later," which is what they end up having to do.

Game design and programming shouldn't be altogether ignored. The reason I caution you against it is that many major developers today are going under due to diversity quotas. Many are forced to integrate the "lesser privileged" into coding and, God forbid, developer roles, which means that most of the work gets shoved upon the competent guys. They work those guys like dogs.

I can't say indie developers are much better, especially given the propensity toward social justice, but I'm sure there are some indie developers that eschew that bullshit and just want to make a fun game.
>>
A rounded software developer has skills in the following:
>web development (i.e. Javascript, html, css...)
>core programming (i.e. Java, C#, etc.)
>database manipulation (i.e. SQL, annotations through RESTful calls, etc...)
>>
>>1373608

I remember reading headlined but is the social justice bullshit really that bad?

>>1373619
Thanks, I was hoping someone would post an overview or outline of what's expected
>>
however, recently, I've seen, over the internet, many indians that are good at math, so, there can be good pajeets programmers?
>>
If I'm interested in reverse engineering, and x86 what can I do?
>>
>>1373679
It really depends on where you live and work. In more liberal cities, its a cancer that is consuming all but the most established of companies. But its seeping into even the more conservative companies as well. It will all end soon, though. Something has to give. Either it will make businesses go bottom-up or businesses will expunge it altogether. The more likely event, however, would be a complete separation of the social justice aspects of the business from the business side of the business.

Additionally, the way things are, the environment is primed for indie gaming companies that completely toss out that bullshit and just have a good time.
>>
>>1373679
>I remember reading headlined but is the social justice bullshit really that bad?
Yes

t. Toronto
>>
>>1373589
yeet
>>
>>1373908
this
>>
>>1373908
fucking this m8
>>
>>1373908
What? Why are you samefagging?
>>
>>1373908
>>1373911
>>1373914
this board has an ID for each poster, friend
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.