[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with the housing market in the UK? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1464677167641.png (9KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1464677167641.png
9KB, 362x358px
What's the deal with the housing market in the UK? It seems like every one thinks there's a bubble all the time no matter what.

What difference is there between the UK and a hypothetical completely free zero regulation housing market? How is government interference or a lack of it causing house prices to rise?
>>
>>1372508
>hypothetical completely free zero regulation housing market
You're looking at it.
>>
>>1372508
people have been saying the bubble is going to pop for the last 4 years. it will never pop the government will continue to prop up the market no matter what
>>
>>1372508

to do with social security really.

There are too many fucking poor people whose only aspirations are to obtain residence in a council house.

Generally these poor cunts have no money and so if housed, the council charges them something like £20 a month for rent and £5 a month for council tax, if that.

Councils generally identify single mothers as priorities -- can't have irresponsible cunts and their poorly bred children to be homeless now can we!?!?!

As a result, the rest of the working residents in the area must pay much higher council tax, housing supply is limited as the housing associations buy up properties and let to council tenants on a subsidised basis (brown envelopes everywhere), and more and more children get born out of wedlock, only to grow into unproductive members of society.

thanks Tony.
>>
>>1372513

What do you mean by prop up? I see that one a lot. I know that the government has help to buy for people under a certain age plus special ISAs for people who want to buy homes but what else?
>>
>>1372520
These schemes make people see their house as an investment, and not just a place to live. people place ridiculous value on them and wont sell up for less than what they think they can get, also the lack of houses creates a supply and demand problem
>>
>>1372508

M-A-N-I-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N
>>
>>1372517
This anon is correct.

Its simple supply and demand.

The government will pay stupid amounts of rent to house the unemployed of society so people are buying up properties to provide this service.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.