[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a backend developer, can develop pretty much any web

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 238499278423423784.jpg (132KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
238499278423423784.jpg
132KB, 625x415px
I'm a backend developer, can develop pretty much any web app or type of website. How should I profit?
>>
You profit by going 50/50 on a project with me and get rich.

Ruby?

PHP?
>>
Clarify what you mean by backend. It's a very specific definition, and what you've just said sounds like you have an idea of how to program and use intuitive, platform specific IDE's or development kits. Without being rude, I'm not sure you really know what you're talking about, and to be honest, what you've described isn't useful in itself, as Indians and development suites usable by laypeople already do the job of web developing.

If you actually do know how to do actual back end stuff (servers, sysadmin stuff, Javascript and js libraries etc), get in with tech startups and massive companies that do contracting stuff. I don't know if you're still a student, unemployed, or whatever. But internships with the companies making big money (hard to get ones that lead anywhere beyond being a code mule or team leader), and starting low in a new company as a founding/crucial member is probably your best bet.
>>
>>1369433

whats your idea
>>
>>1369440

Ok. THanks.
>>
>>1369450
Don't mean to sound arrogant, but this is almost definitely the best advice you're going to get on 4chan, and you'll have a hard time finding it in real life when I gave it to you for nothing. If you take my advice and get yourself in with promising startups (make sure you are savvy in your line of work, and know more than average programmers so you don't get replaced), there's a good chance it will work out well for you. Create and develop a good company from scratch, don't worry about long-term sustainability, because once you get noticed by your competition and give them a bloody nose, they'll want to buy the startup for a reasonable amount of money considering your own equity in the business, time, and effort you've put in.

IT can be risky, but you can make a 200k + comfortable living, or get by with big payments every year or 2. The other way is to get in a half decent company that does something important (like energy or infrastructure), and work your way up to the top. It'll take 10-20 years in all probability, but it's guaranteed to work well for you if you do good work.
>>
>>1369448
his idea is to get some nerd to do all of the work required to actually set up a company and then claim half of the profits because of his "ideas" and "leadership skills"
>>
File: full-stack[1].jpg (21KB, 504x439px) Image search: [Google]
full-stack[1].jpg
21KB, 504x439px
>>1369401
Just backend?

You've got the difficult part down now just brush up on basic frontend including HTML/CSS, JS, jQuery, and Bootstrap for some speedy deployment.

Get familiar with LAMP and how to actually deploy your applications into the real world.

Don't bother working for other people, EVER. People are fucking idiots, working as a programmer for non-technical "idea men" is literal hell.

You want to brainstorm novel applications which have a clear revenue model WITHOUT ADS. Ad revenue is shit and you'll need to reach too large an audience too fast for it to be worthwhile. This involves too much luck. Any moron can repost shit to his blog and capture ad revenue, don't waste your skill-set on content aggregation.

Aim for "premium" features which cost monthly or a % of all transactions passing through. Focus on applications which OFFER A SERVICE not just provide entertainment. Ideally your application should work just as well with 1 user as it will with 100,000.

Some examples:

Twitchalerts (platform for streamers to accept donations, takes a %)
Fivver (marketplace for small "gigs" $5 or under, takes a fee)
OkCupid (dating site, "premium" features for a monthly subscription)

Do not expect instant success. It will take countless tries before something sticks. But it doesn't matter because you're doing ALL the work and launching web applications requires next to 0 capital. Eventually something will "stick", when it does push all your time into advertising it until you reach "critical mass". Once you've got it rolling you can retire on passive income for the rest of your life, the NEET's wet dream.
>>
>>1369440
>back end stuff
>Javascript and js libraries
Nigger what the fuck
>>
>>1371061
Wordpress faggot detected
>>
>>1371061
>Living under a rock
>>
>>1369504
>Twitchalerts (platform for streamers to accept donations, takes a %)
>Fivver (marketplace for small "gigs" $5 or under, takes a fee)
>OkCupid (dating site, "premium" features for a monthly subscription)
So I'm good with servers, general programming, linking things up to databases, but have absolutely no idea how I'd make something that works on that scale or how to handle payments. How can I learn this?

Also would it be possible to build a successful site/service while completely obscuring this from my current company?
>>
>>1371133
You don't handle payments yourself. You integrate with a third party (Stripe, Paypal, Authorize.net, etc.) and just use their library/integration code. Make sure that no CC info aside from first/last name + last four of card/card type/expiration gets recorded or logged in your system in any way. You'll just save an id sent back from your payment gateway and use that for subsequent/recurring billing, etc.

As for building large scale websites, it's unlikely you'll have a viral hit but rather slow and steady growth. If the site/app is slowing down, find the slowest thing, make it faster, repeat forever. Sometimes it's more pragmatic to pay $50/mo more for a db server with twice the ram and tweak your config to utilize it than it is to actually try to solve the problem with code.
>>
Go to a solid bootcamp in SF and learn more + gain connections

>back end
>app
>website

Isn't that like full stack + mobile?

I'm interested in learning to code. Right now I'm learning Python (compsci and object oriented) and I'll probably skip around HTML and CSS tomorrow before getting more into Java

Rails is the goal, just for the job opportunities, but there's no MOOC I like (Udacity) offering a class atm

lmao and people thinking a random guy on 4chan who says he's a programmer can get in with a solid startup, let alone make his own

>>1369465
>look mom I'm playing Silicon Valley

>>1369504
OkCupid was made by a Stanford math major and apparently the algorithms he was running overloaded the server or something. I think there's a lot going on behind any successful websaite
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.