[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck, I'm in math undergrad and I got me a 3 week internship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (66KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 500x473px
Fuck, I'm in math undergrad and I got me a 3 week internship at this company working for "calculations". I thought it was gonna be cool as shit, and that I'd have to do stuff like solve DEs with Matlab or Python. Turns out that the "calculations" division only deals with stuff quotations. What the fuck do I do? I start on Monday.
>>
"stuff quotations" needs to be "stuff like quotations".
>>
>>1367819

Welcome to the real world I guess. Everything you learn in your degree and most of what you learn in high-school is superfluous... but you still need those bits of paper to get the jerb.
>>
>>1368976
yeah this
>>
>>1367819
It's an internship. It's primary purpose is to boost your CV/Resume for the real jobs you want post-graduation.

Suck it up, do the job they want. If you have time, offer to help/learn other stuff.
>>
>>1370013
>Suck it up, do the job they want. If you have time, offer to help/learn other stuff.
This too. If you don't ask they won't bother so show an interest in whatever you want to do and they may humor/accommodate you.
>>
>>1367819
What the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>1367819
You think you pad your resume? Well companies also pad their job-descriptions.
>>
>>1368976
No not everything.

I am a geology major, and the best advice I got during college was "Learn GIS (geographic information systems)" So I took a GIS class.

Got hired as a geologist and that became irrelevant to the company and now I am their GIS tech.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.